"Mom, thanks for having baby Ella."
Me: "Well, you're welcome."
Michael: "She's just such a cute little baby. I'm just so glad she is in our family."
Me: **Melted heart**

I love to see our children loving each other. The biggest question a lot of people have right now is... "How are the other children reacting to a baby in the house." Well... so far so good.

Michael wants to teach Ella everything he knows. He brings her cars, balls, dolls, and her binki. He demonstrates basketball and golf techniques for her. He sings to her, kisses her head, and is very aware and concerned about her well-being. He is a cute brother.
Here is a video of him singing articles of faith songs to her.
Bekah calls her "Baby Ewa" and is "so soft" as she pats her head and legs and tummy. She has been a "big helper" bringing me diapers and water bottles, or whatever I seem to need while nursing or otherwise occupied. Her mothering has transferred to her Minnie Mouse, as it diaper changes and puts it to bed.
Abby calls her "Baby Eya" and loves to give her fishy kisses on the head. She loves to sit and watch her, and is always very aware of where Ella's binki is... usually placing it by her head. She likes to bring different blankets to me, and loves to sit by me while I feed Ella.
I think Michael has been very surprised with how much Ella sleeps. He keeps wanting her to see what he is doing or be awake to learn something new. I tell him that she is sleeping so that she can grow, so that she will be able to learn all those things he is so anxious to teach her. But it has been nice to have a sleepy, sleepy newborn... kind of helps with a gradual transition.
Having a newborn again is such a sweet experience. I'm glad I had Ella, too. She really is a cute little baby, and I'm just so glad she's in our family, too.

11 comments:
first!!!!! cute as always.
I'm impressed -- I don't think my 7 yo knows the songs that well!
I love it when my three girls "conspire" against me. They look so cute huddled and trying to be secret AND working together.
Congratulations guys!!! How exciting-I'm glad she made it safe and healthy. You have such a cute family...and that is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen-you can tell Michael is such a good boy. And a good brother!!!
We're glad you had baby Ella too!
Amy, I saw your blog link from Sharlene's blog. Congratulations on your new little one. We have a blog also but it is private. If you are interested I can add you in I just need your e-mail address. My e-mail shortcake1107@gmail.com.
Rachel Yeates
too bad stevey and i were in CA this weekend to see the baby with everyone else...
we miss you all so much
Tracy 'O' says: We missed not having you here to see the little one.
nice you two. trendy, but nice.
Awww, so tender! Those are the two articles Eliza knows best, too. It DOES just melt your heart to see your kids loving one another. Good job, Mom.
glad to hear that all of the kiddos are loving their baby sister! new babies really are such bundles of joy!
Post a Comment