serendipity is when you step out of your car for your shift at work with a swing in your step because weezer was playing on the radio...and when your shift ends and you turn your key to head for home weezer is playing again.
serendipity is when your boy refuses to hop into the pool for swimming lessons and so you hold your own swimming lessons in the neighborhood pool and he jumps right in for some father-son time you wouldn't have had otherwise.
serendipity is when you have a kid and you get to see your parents whom you've missed and wouldn't have visited you otherwise.
serendipity is when you get home from a shift at 4 am and your wife just happens to be awake and in the mood to talk.
serendipity is when your new daughter poops as you pick her up and you are given the chance to do the right thing.
serendipity is when your friend, whom you rarely see, randomly invites you to ride in a bike race and you lose the many pounds you should never have put on in the first place through training.
and serendipity is finding daily happiness because of whom your life partner is...

8 comments:
I loved this post. What a great perspective you have. I'm so glad that you are so happy.
Paul -- (from Shannon from SFHS)
I've been wanting to comment on your blog since I realized you had one. I love that both you and your wife seem to post often. My husband and I blog, but he does a tech writing one, and I do a Mom blog. Still gives us a lot to talk about.
Congrats on your latest, beautiful baby!
Enjoyed the Serendipity post; that movie was frustrating -- weezer is much more appropriate!
dearest paul: when you come visit we shall go eat at serendipity (if it hasn't been closed due to health code violations)...
thank you jenni!
hi shannon. thank you for commenting. you're welcome anytime.
stevie: eating with you would be serendipity to me...
Hi Paul,
I hope are doing well since we last saw each other over 12 years ago at graduation. Sheez - has it been that long? *Eeek*!
Based on your blog it appears you are on top of the world. Great site, btw! I have enjoyed perusing through it and looking at your photos. The entry about your twins was especially of interest to me as my wife and I are expecting twins later this year – Nov/Dec’ish. Julie is 14 weeks as of last Friday, and we’re stoked about it, but it’s a bit overwhelming all at the same time. I’m glad to know that others have gone before us. :)
I see that you are a big mountain biker…SWEETNESS! We live in North Carolina and I try to get out on the trail as much as I can, but with work and family life it doesn’t happen as often as I would like. I try to make it back to Utah once a year for a Moab trip with my old college buddies – maybe we’ll have to hook up one of these years for a ride together.
Gotta jet. Happy blogging and I look forward to hearing from you. Here’s my email: stevensonpat@gmail.com.
Regards,
Patrick
hey patrick!
i am always up for a moab trip...let me know. if i'm in town and free i'll definitely meet up with you.
congrats on the twins! life has been good with the twins. they've always got each other to keep company and we have loved it. we wish your wife the best with her pregnancy and healthy kiddos!
Serendipity is a dragon.
Fun post.
Post a Comment