Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Little Busy...

Sorry for our long absence... life has been busy with family, friends, and holiday fun. Throw in a wedding, a trip, and a JOB and, well, we just haven't posted in a while, huh??

What's that? Did that say JOB??

Why yes. Yes it did.

Hooray for Paul, who has landed a job we couldn't be happier about. This June when residency ends, he will be ready to work in the "real world."


The group: Utah Emergency Physicians.

The hospitals: 4 in Salt Lake County. Intermountain (Murray), AltaView (Sandy), Riverton (starting when it opens in October '09), and LDS Hospital (SLC). The plans are for him to work mostly in Riverton when that hospital opens.

The contract? Signed. Done. Yipee!!

So our "spare" time has been spent pouring over real estate listings. Addicting. And fun. And nerve-racking. And time-consuming.

So here's my congratulations... and deep thanks... for an hard working husband who has admirable endurance when it comes to reaching goals and honorable dreams.

Thanks for the hours of study, hard work, and insufficient sleep. You do deserve a little "down time" every now and then...

Thanks for being selfless and thoughtful through so many demanding years. You've always put the good of the kids and me above your own.


Thanks for your happy, relaxed attitude. You are so easy to be around... even through boards/interviews/applications... etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for making it all so enjoyable. It's been so fun. You've made the time fly by.

Thanks for doing it for the team... you make a great teammate.


Go Frandsen!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Hooray for you guys! You will be so close, that is awesome. (We are in West Jordan) It is such a GREAT time to buy homes out here, prices are so low and falling. (Not such a great time to sell, I guess.) Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's awesome. Hope finding a place works out for ya.

Stephen said...

third!

how much money are you going to make?

paul said...

very classy stephen...

Jill T said...

Again, we're so happy for you and thrilled that you'll be close by!

Rob and Kelli said...

Wow-congratulations you guys!!! How nice to have a job offer...and in Utah. I am so happy for you (and sort of jealous :)) Good luck with all the planning!
Kelli

Johnny and Angela Dayton said...

Congrats you guys. We're excited for you. We'll be joining you in SLC.

Tringali Family said...

Yeah for you guys. That is so exciting to almost be done with your residency! Ours is going by so quickly I just can't believe it. You are brave to go back to Utah, I don't think I can live in snow again, I have been too spoiled in Nevada and now Cali!

Jenni Coberly said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy for you guys! What an exciting time. When we were in Utah and Chris worked in Draper we looked at a lot of areas there. I love north of the point of the mnt. Not to say that is where you are going to live, south is good too. Really, I'm just happy for you, Paul. Amy too!!

Kendall said...

Congratulations on the job. I, too, would like to know the answer to Stephen's classy question! :)

We're looking forward to hanging out with you guys when you're back in Utah.

J.ME said...

Great news for you all! How exciting to be going home. I can't believe the times nearly up. How fast it flies bye. You all deserve the best...way to go!

Jeff said...

Who knew a Spanish Fork Don could accomplish so much? Especially a Spanish Fork Don who lost 3 consecutive soccer games to the Springville Red Devils and their venerable goalie Jeff "THE WALL" Nackos. That's awesome about the job. Maybe, after you've started working, I'll come to your e.r. and fake a torsion, you know, for old times sake. Congrats and good luck. By the way, I think you have a first year in your residency named Rodney Jay. If so, give him a hard time.

Jeff

Heather said...

Congrats!! We are so happy for you.
a little jealous as well.
Nate finds out in 10 days if we will be staying here for 3 more years while he does a fellowship in MFM (maternal fetal medicine)
cross our fingers...
it will be weird someday to be all done like you guys!!!! :)
once again congrats that is so awesome!

Amy F said...

Aaahhh... thanks guys. Growing up, I never planned to live in Utah. But you know, it will be a great thing, and we're excited. It definitely will make it easier to see so many of the wonderful people in our lives.

We hope that in the near future, many more of you will join us!

Although it is true, I am already mourning our last California winter. I don't even have warm coats or shoes for the kiddos. And I'll have start buying them socks again.

So Stephen, to answer your classy question... we'll be making enough to hopefully outfit our kiddos for winter next year. :)

Jeff... we do know Rod, and he is a swell guy. I'm sure knowing you is enough of a "hard time"... we'll give him a break! :)

paul said...

thank you everyone.

jeff: i would love to treat your torsion...fake or otherwise.

come by my place and i'll see what i can do for you.

rodney jay has already asked about you and i told him the truth about you jeff. i hope you don't mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails