Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Carnage

These are for you, Petey...

Today's carnage. Ornaments seemed to be the theme for today.

This tree was separated from one of its dangling ornaments...


The ornament Hailey made us for our wedding was broken again
(but still holding up beautifully)...


The doctor ornament was beheaded...



The ground beneath the Christmas tree holds more ornaments than the branches above it.


I think I should wait a while to put wrapped presents out... what do you think??

And then this happened while I was fixing dinner yesterday. Someone managed to get Baby Jesus stuck in a chair.


I had to get Paul to squeeze him out. Yikes!

Busy, busy fingers times two...


But really, this is what they do during most of their time at home right now:



They love the Nativity, and have been acting out their own versions of it since our FHE on Monday night. I love to hear their excited voices announce that "Jesus is here!" or their commentary on the shepherds and wise men coming, or their motherly voices helping Mary to cradle the baby Jesus.



What a fun age. What a fun season.

7 comments:

Johnny and Angela Dayton said...

I have the same doctor ornament - except mine is missing a leg ;) Gotta love those glue guns.

Jill T said...

I like how at the end she figures out how to use the stable as a slide for the manger...yes, such a fun age. I just put wrapped presents out tonight...I hope they last! :)

petey said...

amy.

thanks for the visuals.

we had a little Christmas party last night and few of our friends brought little ones. and while we had no "carnage" we did find crackers in places that we usually don't find them.

our apartment isn't toddler proof at all. in fact everything is the perfect height for kids to access.

paul said...

aha a married party...was it depressing..? :)

Amy F said...

Mister Paul. What's so depressing about married parties.

Although I remember our first one. All the guys went to one side of the room, talking about computers and sports and such.

The girls went to the other side and talked about... I don't even remember. Probably scrapbooking or exercising or something like that. Paul and I kept looking at each other across the room, like... ????

Amy F said...

No need to child proof the apartment yet. Wait. Wait as long as you can.

Dad (TMF) said...

Now I know why our nativities were such a hit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails