Wednesday, October 15, 2008

the weeze...

i have been looking forward to this concert since i bought the tickets months ago.

gratefully, amy agreed to accompany me to see weezer last night and they did not disappoint.

two exhibits for you to judge:

this first youtube recording gives you a sense of how quirky rivers cuomo is. stevie, you would love this guy in concert...



this second video gives you a full-length sampling of my favorite song of the night. singing at the top of your lungs and jumping around to these boy's music is unavoidable in this setting. if you want to get the full experience, turn off the lights, get everyone in the house to stand really close together, turn the volume up until it rattles your insides and sing as loud as you can while jumping up and down...



i wish you could have been there.

13 comments:

paul said...

incidentally...please don't ever see angel's and airwaves in concert. in fact, don't even give their music the time of day. their lead singer is the biggest tool i've ever seen perform...

paul said...

'angels'

Aaron Joseph said...

awesome! Did they play any of their older tunes?

paul said...

oh yes. the majority of song were old.

they opened with, 'my name is jonas' (he sang part of it in spanish)

they sang, "say it ain't so", "dope nose", "hash pipe", "island in the sun", "beverely hills", "buddy holly", "sweater song" among others...

paul said...

oh, and 'pink triangle' (a favorite of mine...)

Stephen said...

i am officially jealous...

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

sweet...

the weezer concert in salt lake was the night before our histology exam. the only guy that went in our class failed the test the next day... wish i would have gone.

Aaron Joseph said...

Chelsey and I skipped on the show in portland fearing that they would only play their new album.....What a horrible choice! Two years ago I missed The Killers over a Brandson family reunion, now I missed Weezer over a poor prediction. Oh well, at least I didn't have to go to Brandson again.

paul said...

yes, less branson is always better...

Amy F said...

This really was a fun experience to have with Paul. He really, really did sing at the top of his lungs. I do love his voice, though. So I guess that's okay.

And my insides were certainly rattling. I've been to concerts before... but at this one, there were times where my nose was rattling. Sweetness.. if I don't think about my long-term hearing. But I'm still... kind of... young, right??

Glad I went. I do love some weeze every now and then.

And I've been humming the weeze daily since...

Amy F said...

Less Branson... but not less family.

I'm still sad about the U2 concert we didn't go to in SLC. What were we thinking??

Oh, yeah. About the budget. Dang.

Matt said...

Paul,

See if you can trickle in a little tune I have been listening to lately and put it on your playlist. "Tiger Bomb" by Presidents of the United States of America. Old, I know, but little known and just too enjoyable not to share.

Sorry you were unable to become one with the universe during the concert, but I am sure you enjoyed it anyway. There needs to be more movement at these things.

paul said...

sorry matty. i couldn't find tiger bomb on playlist.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails