Although our time there was short, Yosemite was a great time for us. After a hurried departure, a "dual yorking" as Paul says, and a late night (early morning?) arrival at our campsite... we were able to slow way down and enjoy a peaceful morning in beautiful surroundings.

In an effort to get excited, early-rising kiddos away from other sleeping campers, Paul rushed the kids out in their pajamas to explore.


Paul is so good at having fun with the kids when we are out and about. He manages them so well and really helps them to have a good time while I hold and care for Ella. He is wonderful with them.

Abby can play princesses wherever she is...




I joined them when Ella woke, and we enjoyed some beautiful, peaceful scenery.
After a few walks, we came back to breakfast and packed up to see more of the national forest.

Something that was so interesting (in a frightening way) to me was all the warnings about bears. I guess there was a video playing as he checked into our camp about bears breaking into cars for food or items that looked like food/coolers. So we were told to clear out our car completely and store any and all food in these "bear boxes" for protection.

It brought the reality of this "natural" experience home for me.
We drove around and out of the park that day. We stopped along the way to admire particularly beautiful spots.

Ella enjoyed herself, too...


Although the stay was short, it was very enjoyable and probably just the right amount of time for now. We'll be back though!

4 comments:
Oh Amy, you are such a better woman than I. You went camping with 4 kids, the oldest of which is 5! I think you deserve some sort of award. Every time Ivan even mentions camping, I just start laughing, because he knows I would never do it with tiny kids. (Well, I'm really more of a hotel girl, anyway, but looking at those pictures, I think I might be missing out on something!) You both seem to be managing life beautifully with busy work schedules, callings, and lots of little kids. You are truly an inspiration!
PS- (Non blog-related) We are going to Disneyland December 14-18. If you are not gone visiting family for the holidays, we would love to see you guys. I really think Savannah and Michael should meet, he is so handsome. :)
i love the picture of abby running on the bridge...
great pictures. It is always nice for the kiddos to spend some time outdoors.
Melissa... the real award goes to Paul. He is an amazing dad!
We'd love to see you if Paul's schedule is open then. Keep in touch!
Jonny... isn't that picture pretty representative of Miss Abby right now??!
Post a Comment