Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mt. Washmore...

Confession time...

Lately, I have a really bad habit of letting loads of clean laundry build up.

Washing it? Not a problem.

Folding it? A problem.

Putting it away? Also. A problem.

Sometimes, it even occupies its own area of the house.

As pictured below.


And now that Paul's back from Chicago, I have another couple of loads to do...

Excuse #1: 4 kids 5 and under


Excuse #2: Two-year-old twin girls (who like to unfold/try on each piece of clothing as I'm folding it)


Excuse #3: A baby (... but really, she's so good, she can't count as an excuse...)


Hmmm... really, I guess it's not fair to count my kids as three different excuses. They should all just count as one.

So excuse #2 can include Paul's influence.
He's gotten me into the habit of folding laundry to a movie/show on TV. And I really don't watch TV, and Paul is the moving force to rent/watch movies around here. Lately, I'll only really "sit down" to enjoy a movie if I have a pile of laundry to fold.

The point is that it has gotten to the point that I cannot sit down to fold laundry without some kind of diversionary show or movie to watch. So it never seems worth my time to sit there folding laundry, when I really just feel like waiting until I can watch a movie, too...

And this mountain of laundry reached a particularly high altitude when Paul was gone to Chicago. It's just no fun to watch a movie alone... especially when you have so much laundry to fold.

So Paul's back and I guess it's time to send Paul to Blockbuster. We're having a movie night... any suggestions??

8 comments:

Stephen said...

1. why we fight.

2. 20 fingers (iranian)

3. live free or die hard

libby said...

1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Kite Runner
3. The Great Debaters
Ma

paul said...

ooohh great suggestions. we'll have to try some...

Tringali Family said...

Amazing Grace was a good one! My laundry has seemed to have gotten out of control also. It does get washed but sits in the basket until the next week wash is done, then it will finally be folded and put away. I think we must be blessed with too many clothes.

Amy F said...

It is amazing how long I can go without doing anything but whites. We are blessed indeed :)

Dad (TMF) said...

I bought an extra seven pair of garments for that very reason.

Jill T said...

Ahhhh, laundry. I agree, washing is not a problem...the rest is. And why do I fold it, when the girls just dump everything out changing their clothes 10 times a day?

Amy F said...

Glad you can relate, Jill. My motto... if Jill has the same problem, I am in good company. :)

Dad F. Perhaps I should get another set of 7?? Good thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails