First: LIBBY!!!

With her precious time off, Libby decided to begin her visit to Utah by flying into California to make the 10-hour drive with me and the kiddos (so kind/brave!). She wanted to be sure to spend some time with Paul before we split the state, so we decided to make the time an adventure at California Adventure. Michael wanted to ride with her on everything, and we had a wonderful (albeit exhausting) time. Her morning/afternoon/evening sickness cooperated (SHE'S PREGNANT!!!) and we had a lot of fun hanging out with her.

Paul soaked Michael by talking him into the river ride after dark on a chilly day...

And the girls enjoyed the ambiance of Aunt Libby, parades, bubbles, Bug's Life, and an installment of Daddy that had to last the rest of the month...

The next day Libby and I packed up the car and kiddos and hit the road! After a lo(o-o-o)ng day of travel (complete with a three-hour hold up in Las Vegas traffic) we found excited and helpful grandparents who were glad we finally made it.
I was anxious to meet my new nephew the next day. Michael was particularly enthralled with little Aaron, and took to teaching him about being a Frandsen man. Lesson 1--the proper toys, of course: cars, army guys, and bugs.

He always wanted to be around little Aaron, and was really gentle and cute with him. I think Michael and Aaron are going to be good friends.
The other main attraction was our lovely Hannah, who was performing in the state Junior Miss competition on Friday and Saturday nights. We were so excited to be there to support and dote as her fans. Isn't she beautiful?

I love watching Hannah on stage. She just looks natural up there... she does not try to hide her personality as she expresses herself in whatever she is doing. She is genuine and real. She makes me smile.
And Michael was anxious to have her on stage all night. With each performer/group he would ask, "Is it Hannah?" "Where is Hannah?" "When will it be Hannah?" She stole the stage for him as well. He loved her poster in the lobby when he got a little antsy toward the end.

Sunday was another red-letter day when Jonny blessed little Aaron. It was a beautiful blessing--and Aaron slept right through it, and continued a peaceful slumber the rest of the afternoon while he was passed around to adoring fans.

Later that afternoon, the kiddos and I met up with their Uncle Paul R. at my Aunt Connie's house to see my cousin Mike, who just returned from his mission in New York. Michael was excited to see the "missionary whose name is Michael like me," and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my dad's side of the family. The kiddos had a blast with my cousins. I should have taken my camera...
Other noteables: That night's Heritage Night with Paul's family... their Sunday tradition to spend time together while the weekly family letter (always written by Paul's dad) is read. This time Tracy's Truth was read by Jonny...


I took the kiddos to the BYU Natural Life Museum--which ended up being a really fun outing for us...

And on Monday night we all went to Lafe's school's production of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"... which was super fun/cute. Grandpappy prepared the kiddos by buying super-sticky cotton candy at the pre-show dinner...

We loved our time with uncles/aunts, grandparents, great-grandparents, and other family members. We loved being there to support so many family members in some important events--and I love the example they are all setting for my kiddos to watch and see.
Next up: A trip for Michael and me to Kentucky!! I'll post pictures soon!


9 comments:
I had so much fun with you and your kids! What a great memory! It was all too short though, wasn't it? Can't wait to hear about Kentucky!
i'm so jealous i wasn't there.
Stevie... we are planning to see you in May. !!
Libby... it really was amazing how fast your time went by. We were so sad to see you go Sunday afternoon. Hope we can see you again (with a pregnant bump!) before too long!
Always impressed with the parenting I see when you visit. Thanks for being dedicated parents.
Have you finalized the dates for your interviews in May?
How fun!! It's always nice to be with family & do the things you miss out on!!! :)
Fun pictures!! Hopefully we can make it to california one of these days.. it would be fun to meet up with you!.. i will let you know if that ever happens!!
Heather... please do let us know, it would be so fun to have your family stay with us! Keep in mind that the cut-off for paying for youngsters at Disneyland is 3 years old... so if you're close, you might want to make a Disney run before a birthday!!
Just keep us posted on any travel plans... if you can't stay with us we can meet up somewhere.
I enjoy keeping up with your experiences. Looks like fun. Hope I get to see you next week. Still looking into it...
no interviews set up yet pops. if you see any higher-ups when you're at the hospital, you could drop a word or two about their interviewing protocol. i plan on calling dr. egbert at some point to set something up...maybe someone at utah valley too?
Post a Comment