Thursday, February 28, 2008

to break the monotony...

in honor of thriller's 25th anniversary...



two nights ago i turned on billie jean in honor of mj and michael busted out with some moves. he wasn't as forth coming in this video, but it's still good times.

where were you when thriller came out? do you remember the first time you saw it?

20 comments:

Stephen said...

first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen said...

nice moves, paul. once, at the byu bowling alley, they turned on some mj. this was during one of those little kids scandals and someone complained and they turned it off. i yelled loudly, multiple times, "Innocent until proven guilty." they turned it back on.

libby said...

I love how Michael points as if to say, "this one's for you little lady..."
so cute.
I actually learned the whole Thriller dance in one of my MDT classes at BYU while we were studying Michael Peters (the choreographer of Thriller). Yes, my education was thrilling and oh-so-important.

Anonymous said...

Paul, I miss your wicked dance moves.

Stephen said...

what the? who is that person?

Anonymous said...

like that wasn't you stevey.
nice try.

Stephen said...

whoever that is: i don't like you

Allan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill T said...

What did he crush? It sounded like a dozen eggs...

jimbo said...

I just watched the "thank you Stevie" post, and I am happy to report that your daughters sound a lot like ewoks. Just FYI.

Joe and Amy said...

Fun...the first time I saw "Thriller" was at my best friends house, (Whitney Hales), when I was about 5 years old. I had never in my life seen anything that horrific and I went home and told my mom. She told me when they watched "Thriller" again that I needed to walk out of the room, which I obediently did :) Those scary people, as well as the woman from Watcher in the Woods chased me up the stairs in our house a little too often growing up.

I think I overcame the fear by high school because we did a Thriller dance every Halloween and those are happier memories.

paul said...

thank you stevie. and thank to those old girlfriends...

i'm proud of your defense of the mj in that bowling alley. it's the small things that count.

libby: michael peters sound fascinating...

dad r: very cool that you still own the original thriller and found in the house a few days ago. coincidence..?..i think not.

jill: i'll have to listen to the video again. that must be what the strange smell in the house was when we got home disneyland...

james: i LOL'd at your comment. thank you for that. and thank for giving me the excuse to use 'LOL'. ROTFL.

amyjo: sorry you were scared by mj. my amy says that she too had to leave the room when thriller would come on tv. that is quite the boycott as the video is 15 minutes long...

and yes, i remember the cheerleaders doing thriller every year...

Christene said...

I don't remember Thriller being that big of a thing...maybe it's because I grew up in New Mexico??? I remember the video being on t.v. - but I don't remember anyone outside of the video doing that dance. Hmmm...

Amy F said...

To all you old girlfriends... Paul's still got his moves... plus more you've never seen!

Yes, Thriller was quite scary to me. Still gives me the creeps even to hear the song. Have to turn it off when I listen to the MJ CD (which I still do, by the way... can't deny the classics).

Dad R--we can pull out your CD next time we visit. !!

paul said...

amy: i'm blushing...

Christene said...

You guys are too cute.

petey said...

paul once again promised to showcase those dance moves the next time he comes out to new york to visit his brother and cousin.

amy said she'd pass on that activity.

paul said...

we'll blog about petey's visit very soon...and the promises he made.

paul said...

and here boys, is your answer...

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

Love it! Look how M has grown! We've loved getting your updates. So happy to find the blog.

Tennisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails