
But that night Bekah woke up with a fever and threw up all over her pappa. She joined our bed that night, along with Michael who came in sad at 2am. Sunday we had our own primary lesson at home while dad was gone to teach his. And today was another day at home where I didn't change out of my PJs until the kiddos were down for a nap and I got a bit of one too. But it's been nice and relaxed, and they are all pretty enjoyable as long I keep up their doses of tylenol/ibuprofen.
Kiddos are trading all their symptoms around--fevers, coughs, runny noses, runny diapers... but Abby seems to have it the worst. The result has actually not been too bad. I don't have any outer demands for my time right now. And while I haven't been to the gym since last week and I'm getting a little itchy to get out of the house... my kids are actually kind of fun when they're sick. They're cuddly and sweet (mostly) and we have fun times at home. It is kind of nice to just stay home with them for a few days while they just get better. We've had a lot of fun times.

And I love the expressions that come from Michael. He told me that first morning that "the sun just got me too much heat." We treated the fever. Last night he was "hot and cold all mixed up and yucky"... the chills. But I've been smiling since Saturday morning when he gave this prayer at breakfast: (Paul wrote it down right after...)
"Please bless that I will only cry a few more times until I'm grown up. Until I'm 29 [dad's current age] or something. And I think that I will only throw up in a few more times. Only when something yucky is in my body. Please bless that I will only throw up a few more times when something yucky is in my body, I hope."
So wish us luck to get all better before we have big weekend plans with Grandpappy, Lafe, Grandpatty, and Hannah. They are coming into town for Hannah's show choir competition... and we can't wait to see them!!

2 comments:
oh...first. look at that.
your house sounds just like my house! fever, chills, achy body, runny noses, coughs toilet paper/tissues all over the house, etc...No fun, except for the cuddling part. I hope you all start feeling better, and I hope we do too!
Cute prayer Michael!
Post a Comment