Wednesday, February 06, 2008

February 6, 2006...

Today was Abby and Bekah's birthday. With the hopes of posting some pictures of the celebrations, I got caught up in reminiscing through old photos of their birth. Thought I would share them with you on this here blog.


They were born just 7 minutes apart... Abby first (left), then Bekah (right).


They were born to two anticipating parents, and one excited 2 1/2-year-old brother.


We were so blessed with a great pregnancy (2 months of bedrest took them to 38 full weeks! (Thanks to mom and dad Frandsen for helping us through those months!)), a great delivery (no c-section, and although Bekah was breech she was born with no "incidences"), and amazing birthweights for twins (Abby = 6 lbs 14 oz, Bekah = 7 lbs).


We had a great hospital stay (Paul and mom Risenmay were amazing helps)...


and the girls came right home with us.


Thankfully, Paul had scheduled his fourth year to be full at the beginning so that he could have a full month off when the girls were born. I'll always be thankful for a wonderful, dedicated father to our children... he was/is wonderful, and is by far better at "swaddling" newborns in their blankets than I am. He was up with me in the night, helped figure out feeding, and was amazing with blitzing their baths and washings. He is wonderful.


We were able to adjust with lots of help and support in Spanish Fork... thank goodness I didn't have to worry about much else than feeding the girls and getting lots of rest. (Bekah on left, Abby on right.) We watched most of the Winter Olympics during feedings and diaper changes.


It just doesn't seem too long ago that Bekah (left) and Abby (right) joined our family. Now they are 2--it has happened so fast!


They are so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends. Thank you for all the love and support you have all given to us in parenthood and our family adventures!

5 comments:

Amy F said...

Hmmm... guess I'll have to post this year's birthday tomorrow...

Stephen said...

oh...so cute.

Jenni Coberly said...

With T's upcoming birthday I too can't believe it's been two years. Time really does fly. Your girls have grown up so much since I saw them last. They are so cute and look like they had a wonderful birthday celebration. I love the flower cakes and Mickey pizza. They have a very creative mother. :)

Amy F said...

Thanks, Jenni.

These pictures overwhelm me in many ways... "oh, what a special experience"... "wow, how did we do that?"... "they are so cute"... "they are so much cuter with hair and smiles..."

I was reading in a "Raising Twins" book today and skimmed through the 0-2 years stuff... realizing how much we've really experienced (and survived!) with our twins! What a special experience we are having... and so much more to come!

paul said...

true amy, the hormones continue to flow freely in our home. wonderful times not to be forgotten...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails