Monday, February 11, 2008

it's board review time...

give it a shot...it's fun.

358. Which of the following is the most common cause of lower gastrointestinal bleeding in school-aged children?

A. Anal fissures
B. Color of the vomitus
C. History of constipation
D. Presence of high fever
E. Resting tachycardia

good luck. there will be a prize for the winner...

18 comments:

Amy F said...

Hmmm... this obviously didn't get my approval before it was posted.

Can I play? I choose A

Curious to hear your plans for a PRIZE, Mr. Paul.

libby said...

Hmmm... I always say, if in doubt, choose C. So my answer is C.

I'm not sure I appreciated all those yucky images next to a cute picture of Abby...

Jill T said...

I'm going with A too! Cute dresses!

Allan said...

Amy asked this on my email too. Here is my answer: The key word here is "cause." Color, fever, and tachycardia are all symptoms, so I ruled them out. So it has to be fissures or constipation. I put my bet on history of constipation because it can sometimes cause fissures and bleeding, can't it? The fissures would have to be a complication, not a cause. Right? It depends on how the test-writers interpret it, but I think I can claim the prize! I originally answered it last night, so I was ahead of Libby.

paul said...

no prizes to be awarded until all answers have been logged...

thank you all for participating. we will allow for other answers to be accumulated before the answer will be revealed and the reward distributed...

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

Both Mel and Bruiser say C-history of constipation. Do multiple people get the prize?

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

Jonny says "A" anal fissures.

petey said...

ima go with:

c. hx of constipation

paul said...

multiple prizes if multiple winners...

Amy F said...

AJ... "A" reminds me of you.

Sorry, dude.

Aaron Joseph said...

Disturbing, Amy. Regardless, I submit "A".

Stephen said...

i love anything with "A"nal in it. so i choose A.

paul said...

disturbing brother...

Allan said...

Send us another question. But this time choose one less "anal."

Amy F said...

Yeah, and pick a winner already...

paul said...

i haven't forgotten this post. i will post the winner soon...just didn't want to leave anyone out...

Anonymous said...

I pick C, Amy I am soooooo glad I can now get on with out trouble. I have had so much fun seeing all the new pictures and up dates. It was fun talking to you last night and Thank You Michael for the best Valentine in the whole world. I have it framed and hanging up SO if you ever get back home to Kentucky you will see it. I also framed Wesleys Gingerbread Man. It was just way to cute. Now that I have my art studio up in the horse barn the kids will have so much fun hanging out with me there if you ever bring them oout that is. I am so excited for the new baby sister too. I love you all sooo very much.

paul said...

welcome mary ann. we definitely need to get out and experience the art barn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails