Although I didn't pull out my camera nearly enough, I have to document the goings on of those few days. I think I just scurry around so much when everyone is here, and I simply don't think about the camera at all. I'm so sad about it afterward! Remind me to pull it out next time. Or someone else should be designated to gather pictures!! I always enjoy having my family all together, and am so happy that they don't mind coming to our house to congregate. I love having them all here.
Matt and Angela and their family arrived the night of Christmas Day. AJ and Marc arrived Sunday afternoon, and we had a family feast with a few guests--Connie and Stirling and their family, and Amber--long lost dear friend who was a foster sister who lived with my family during some of our years in Kentucky. Mom made her lasagna... mmmmm... It was so much fun to have everyone here!
Should've gotten a picture of that.
The next day, we all woke up to a fantastic breakfast made by Todd and Marc... they redeemed their reputation from last year. :) Once we all got going, the kiddos had fun hanging out with the uncles and grandpa while the girls went out to shop the post-Christmas sales for a bit. We traded posts that evening for the boys to go to Salt Lake City for a Jazz game. Always looking for a deal, they waited to try and scalp tickets on-site, but were not successful in scoring any type of deal whatsoever. So they retreated to a restaurant, ended up watching Monday night football instead, and had a great time doing it. The kiddos who stayed home got to see the Christmas lights at Thanksgiving point. Where was my camera??
On Tuesday most of us went to BYU's art museum to see the Carl Bloch exhibit (wonderful.) and hung out around the campus for a bit. The kiddos enjoyed rolling down the snowy hill by the library, and we all enjoyed chocolate delicacies from the BYU bookstore. I happened to tote my camera for this one (but I think it was Paul who took the pictures)...
I love having our kids together with Brinlee, Max, and Will. They all get along so well. My girls look up to Brinlee, and she is so doting with them. Michael loves showing Max and Will things about basketball, books, and anything that interests them. Michael and Brinlee are great pals, and Max plays with Abby and Bekah. Will and Ella pal around, but Abby likes to play with Will, too... see what I mean?? It's great!

And I love their mama. I treasure one-on-one time with Angela whenever we are able to squeeze it in. She has a gift for seeing and bringing out the best in people around her. She helps me refocus and feel good about the little things that I do, and I am constantly amazed by her ability to focus on what is truly important. She is an endurance personality, and I am so grateful for all that she endures for her sweet family.

Bekah gave her coat to Ella because "I like the cold." Thanks Bekah!

Ella was a happy little sprite running around the campus.

And here's our collage man, Farcles. A little mixed up here... UofO shirt on BYU campus headed to BYU-Idaho just days later. What a fun time of life for him!
With mom and dad...
The lovebirds...

Yup... those are all the pictures. Shamey Amy.
That night we had a "talent" show... my favorite was seeing all the younger brothers do a push-up contest against their big brother Matt (who had been doing military training). He was somehow able to last through all of them rotating through one after the other. Amazing. Kids sang, played instruments, showed how fast they can run, and shook a booty. It was fun to have a loving, enthusiastic audience for them.
The big boys (michael included :) ) had their traditional basketball game at the church. Movies were enjoyed. Games were played. My favorite was Dalmuti with Todd at the top with Abby's toy kitty as his sidekick. Disturbing and so Risenmay.
One of the things Michael and Brinlee really enjoyed was exploring science with Michael's new microscope (from Grandma) with their science-savvy Uncle AJ. With the microscope, he taught them the ins and outs of cells, DNA, and studied hatched shrimp eggs. AJ referred to them as "Dr. Michael" and "Dr. Brinlee," and they looked forward to their "labs" with him.
A few weeks later, I did happen to take a picture of the very official package that came to our house addressed to Dr. Michael Frandsen from "Professor AJazz."
As we explored the contents of the package, my eyes welled up with appreciation for my brother and how thoughtful he is with my Michael.
He felt pretty special, indeed.
Check out the official transcript... all A's!
And such a sweet personalized note.
AJ... you'll never know how much this means until you have a child of your own.
And thank you to all my brothers and my parents for how you dote on our kids. Thank you for encouraging the best in my children. The sure eat it up. No one loves your kids like family, and I love having them around you.
I think the best moments were just horsing around with the kids, or the conversations we sat around to have. I love talking to my dad. My mom was fun to shop with (don't worry... I took all the green pillows back!). I enjoyed each of you at different times during those days.
Maybe that's why I forget to bring out the camera... I'm just enjoying the moments with each of you. Thanks again for coming. Until next time... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment