Sunday, August 02, 2009

Didn't Need You, Anyway...

After 30 years of a good, healthy relationship... I had to say goodbye to this little guy.


Yes, that's him. The Gall Bladder that was making me feel so terrible. I know, I know. You can tell he's trouble just by looking at him. But I never really took a good look until now. Never really needed to.

Just goes to show... you never really know.

I just don't know how we went wrong. So many years had gone by without ever a problem. I always ate what I wanted without ever having issues. But, out of the blue, he just started making me... well... sick. We just weren't getting along. At. All. I couldn't take it anymore, and when my doctor said I'd be better off without him... well... I didn't argue.

I did have to have it professionally done. Some things are better left in the hands of experts. But it was so much easier than I would have thought. There one moment... general anesthesia and a same-day surgery... then he was gone.

It is taking a bit to get over him, but I can already tell life is better off without him. I think it was a good decision, I think. And I'm glad I can go back to eating my favorite things again (like greasy pizza! And Bucca de Beppo!).

So, so long! Farewell! Didn't need you anyway...

6 comments:

Tringali Family said...

I felt the same way with my spleen, parting with my spleen was the best thing ever...no problems ever since! What are these extra organs for anyway?

Stephen said...

i miss him already...

Matt said...

Glad you got that sorted out. Never really liked him, Amy.

MJ said...

good riddance!

I loved the post--it could be a great boy hater song!

Amy F said...

Oh, Mel. You and your boy hater songs!

Still on the up-and-up... and outta here! Things are looking good enough to go on my planned trip to NYC!! Oh, happy times.

Aaron Joseph said...

I'm with Matt. He was just a freeloader anyway.

You will have so much fun in NYC. I'm sure Paul is happy to take the kiddos after the experiences of your past two months.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails