Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nine Years of Bliss...

Could it possibly be our 9th wedding anniversary? Where has the time gone??


I remember when we were first married, I cringed at the title of "wife" because it sounded so old. I quickly became "wifey" to soften the blow. Although sometimes I still feel like a newlywed, four children and a mortgage has its way of shoving those giddy carefree days out the door.


But with each passing year and through each trial and triumph, I feel a more mature depth and dedication in our marriage. It is a lovely evolution, and I am increasingly amazed and inspired by Paul's love and dedication to me and our family.

In this year of our marriage, to name just a handful... I have been most grateful to Paul for:
  • Making a very busy resident schedule work by making the most of his time at home.
  • Always making me feel like his top priority... even with a skewed time commitment.
  • Helping me to simplify life and simply enjoy it.
  • Being a super-dad, who is better at handling all the kiddos single-handedly in public than I am.
  • Giving me frequent personal time to relax, regroup, and recover
  • Taking special, watchful care of me in sickness, and in health...
  • Sending me on a "you survived residency" trip... just me... to New York City... last week... lots of shopping... and some shows... (update to come...)
  • Always reminding me about the things I do well when I feel the weight of my weaknesses.
  • Being such a great texter during his shifts.
I feel completely accepted, loved, and cherished.

And at this rate, I'll never ever feel like an old, married woman. What lucky wifey I am.

9 comments:

petey said...

9 years. wow. that's a long time. you guys have definitely done it well.

congrats!!

Stephen said...

happy anniversary. you should come to new york again for an anniversary trip....

Saysha said...

Happy Anniversary!! Can't wait to hear more about your NY trip! Are you totally recovered and all is well now?

Heather said...

happy 9th....
wow can't wait to see the update of your NYC trip. i want to go there so very bad!! maybe my turn will come after residency is over!! :)

Christine Segura said...

It will be nine years for us on the 23rd and I just can't believe it! I love your thoughts, I feel the same about my married life. So happy. So blessed! I still have to come see where you live! I will.:)

Matt said...

Congrats, Sis!
Congrats, Paul!

Elise said...

Congrats to one of the cutest couples I know!
BTW... Kyle G said it was fantastic working with his old buddy's again. What a lucky group to get so many great men!

Aaron Joseph said...

Congratulations you two! You two are just as fun today as you were 9 years ago.

Dad (TMF) said...

My, son, the romantic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails