Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mom's Shouldn't Have to Get Sick...

Since last Thursday, I have been on a strict diet of mostly this...


while abdominal achings were melted into oblivion by this...

and my facial expression has mostly resembled this...



which explains why I have slowed down on my "catching up" posts to journal the last several weeks of our lives.

Oh... and all the other "catching up" that keeps piling up. :)

We are trying to narrow down the reason I'm not tolerating food at the moment... and I hope the answer comes soon... because I sure love to eat every few times a day.

Needless to say, it is quite inconvenient to be so sick for such a long time. "Normal life" in a home doesn't happen without a fully-operating mother in charge. It has been pretty sobering to realize just how much is done each day to keep "life" going for these kiddos. Thank goodness for wonderful daddy and grandparents who have stepped in to bridge the gaps I am leaving all around me.

We are hoping for some answers soon so that I can resume a regular diet, regular weight, and regular life with the kiddos and the regular activities that keep us busy. Lucky for me I have a doctor at my beckon call, and another who happens to answer my calls, even late at night.

Too bad they don't have a "mother's vaccine" that would prevent all sickness from ever disrupting the business of my mothering again.

Wouldn't that be nice??

5 comments:

Jill T said...

Amy, so sorry you're sick! Do you want your kids to come and play?

libby said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry. I have been thinking about you non stop. How did yesterday go? Did you find anything out?

Lindsay said...

Aw, so sorry Amy! Hope you find the cause (and a solution) soon!!!

Christene said...

I hope you feel better soon! It has been so long since I have taken the time to get on and check blogs. Glad to hear you are safe and sound in Utah. I have a box of warm clothes to send your way... and more girly snow outfits if we ever move and get our stuff out of storage. :) Send me your new address!

Aaron Joseph said...

Wow Amy, Mom told me how terrible you were feeling. Thank goodness for Paul's help. You sure have had a lot on your plate these last couple of months. I hope you figure this out so life can get back to normal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails