After 2 1/2 years of residency there has been one procedure Paul has wanted to do but hadn't had the chance yet... cracking a chest to revive a patient.
As he's explained it to me, it is where a patient is pretty much gone... and as a final measure they can cut open the chest, use an instrument to crack open the ribs, and reach in to manually pump the heart with your hands.
Wow. Just like the movies. ha ha.

But really, I am amazed with the intensity and stress he is able to work with, and the skills he has learned. Through hard work and dedication, he has developed skills that really help people. And he loves it!
I just want to take this chance to say how happy I am that Paul is so happy with the work he has chosen. It is so nice to know that, with all the hard studying and years of learning, he loves what he does. The pace and the nature of the job fits his personality and interests... and I am so proud of all his hard work. It amazes me that, in addition to all of this, is is also an amazing husband and father. Whataguy.

I'm so happy you're so happy.
Thanks for all your hard work, Paul! And thanks for making the rest of us so happy, too.

11 comments:
kind words amy, but it is painfully apparent there how unlike george clooney i look...
paul=george clooney. i have no problem with that....
I'm more than convinced I have the better man...
geez, paul. i never knew how handsome you become when you put on your scrubs...
May you never encounter a gunshot wound in Utah!
This may never get answered, as we are on a new post, but how did the revival turn out?
didn't :(
order of survival for that procedure knife wound>gun shot wound>blunt trauma...
survival is very low and co-morbidity for survivors is often very bad (months in the ICU, may lose legs, awful GI consequences with intestinal diversions, depression, suicide etc, etc, etc.)
So... basically, I don't ever want to have a knife wound>gun shot wound>blunt trauma followed by some ER resident cracking my chest. :)
Sorry to hear that...
Like your father said, may you never encounter a gunshot wound in Utah!
Wow, so you actually did the procedure? Amy didn't state that explicitly in the post.
Paul, of course you don't look like Clooney...yet. You just need a bit more grey and you are there. You even have the Kentucky ties now.
i did the procedure.
maybe i should color my hair...
Post a Comment