Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dining With the Princesses...

My heart aches right now each time I think of Disneyland, as I am just not getting used to the idea that we don't have our passes anymore. boo hoo hoo.

So it is with fondest memories and deep longing that I document our last trip to Disneyland...



It was short but sweet, as we were squeezing it in between Paul's shifts to get one more fix before our passes expired.

We've heard about the Disney Princess dining at Ariel's Grotto (in California Adventure), but knew it was really pricey, too. Then I found out that kids under 3 aren't charged. And as I have two 2-year-old princess-adoring daughters, I thought it sounded like quite a deal. So I wanted to take the two of them to create a memory.

I SOMEhow talked friend Missy into coming too. She thought it would be fun... so she brought Rachael (Mimi).


As Paul and I worked out the details, we thought it would be good for me to take Ella while he took Michael and his friends, Caleb and Emily and Jane, on the big kid rides.

The good news is that the big kids had a BLAST together. And the little girls did love seeing the princesses.




However, sitting and having a nice, relaxing gourmet lunch was far past the bounds of reality in this situation. It was really quite an active lunchon for these two moms... we were lucky read the menu to order...



And for some reason, Ella got super-squirmy... who was not happy with me for making her stay in a booth. She kinda held a grudge for the afternoon...


The girls all loved seeing each princess as they were called out by the royal announcer every 5-ish minutes. The princesses would each float her way through the tables to meet and talk with adoring fans.




The girls... were interested but not enthralled, and still had just enough stranger anxiety to not really get into talking with them. Bekah did, however, love showing them the pretty picture she had been coloring.


But we have the pictures to prove that we did it. And we have the bill to prove it too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails