I've been terrified about potty training the girls ever since... well... we learned we were having twins. Compacting my original fears is having a nursing baby, decreasing the "readiness" I have to run to the potty to give assistance at any given moment. So we've been waiting for a time in Paul's schedule where he is home during the day for a few consistent days.
So today marked Attempt #1.
After enough puddles and wet Pretty Princess Panties... we decided to try again another time. Abby and Bekah are both extremely good at telling us AFTER they tinkle. Perhaps we can help them be a bit more aware of the BEFORE sensations of this marvel of a bodily function.
We'll be consulting Paul's schedule again soon.




10 comments:
Oooooh, potty training is so not fun. You are crazy, you have so much going on, and now potty training on top of it! But I understand wanting to get it done. I'm sure they will get it soon, but good job at being able to let it go for now. I think that 'force potty-training' only makes things worse. Good luck!
i think peter has those same pretty princess panties...
The dreaded potty training. Ty decided to potty train right after his 2nd birthday. I wasn't ready, but I gave it a go. I was a master with the other two I could handle this one too right? Wrong?? He did great for a week, but after 10 too many poop incidents this momma was done!! My friend swears that 3 is the magic age. She doesn't even attempt it until her kids turn three. She hasn't even had to clean up a mess. I think the "wait until their three" rule it golden! Ty can wait until February...oooh, then what? I'm really not looking forward to it. Good Luck!! Just wait until their three. No rush!!
Wrong?? I don't know why I used two question marks...one doesn't work either. I must be confused??
You can see I love over-punctuating... especially with two question marks.
Yes... we waited until 3 with Michael... no messes or fusses. And most of all--no frustration!
We were thinking the girls might be ready, because they love to take their diapers off and tell us they need a new one. But without being able to tell us they have to go BEFORE they actually go... I'm more than happy to wait a while longer!
Guess we'll be buying more Costco boxes of diapers... sizes 5 and 1.
Same story at our house- except we only have ONE potty and our panties have Tinkerbell. Maija was so easy- but I think this one will give me a run for my money. Let me know if you learn any good tricks....
We have been steadily working on potty training Kaden since May (hoping to have it perfected before the baby came) and he hasn't had an accident all week! He hasn't had a #2 accident for probably a month. I think it just takes them some time to get it. Good Luck!
Oh, Amy...good luck. I'm curious to find out if they'll do it simultaneously or if one will be ready before the other. I think I told you I attempted all 3 at the same time, but they were ready at different times.
Jane self-trained right at 2 (thank you Jane), then 4 months later Kate was ready (but definitely NOT a self-trainer), then 3 months later Zach was ready. Yep, it seemed like a long spread for potty-training. Hopefully yours will do it together! :)
It sure would be convenient if they do it together. I'm sure not going to push them into this one. Not a fan of cleaning up smelly messes...
Jill you were potty training for over 1/2 a year! Gold star for you! (You deserve so many...)
The Doctor says: Three for boys; 2 1/2 for girls. To start, that is.
Post a Comment