Saturday, August 23, 2008

obama, byu and the times...

i checked out the nytimes front page to learn more about the obama/biden theatrics today and was pleasantly surprised to find mormons in the mix on the front page of the times.

on that note. i made the switch to direct tv in an effort to stick it to the man and put my money where my allegiances lie.

the first game on august 30th should be a great chance to see the boys in action. don't miss the first quarter as they will probably have 21 points before it ends...

13 comments:

Matt said...

Sweet article. We can't wait for games 2 and 3.

Natalie said...

yeah- Ben wants to switch too. But with Dish I only have 1 DVR for both tvs! I'm being a baby about it- but I'm sure I know who will win. Looks like a house full of BYU games this fall. :-P

paul said...

yes matt. games 2 and 3 will be big. they will set the stage for the year. it is likely byu drops one of them...but with a bit of luck they won't.

nice to have you back matty.

natalie: that's a bummer about the dvr. the direct tv guys came and couldn't get our receiver hooked up. they said they would come back the next day and they didn't. i called direct tv and got them to hook us up with a second dvr--so we have an hd-dvr on the front tv and an analog dvr for amy and the kids where she can work out to her favorite shows..:)

maybe you and ben could work a little magic and get a similar deal..?

The Frandsen's said...

Go Cougs!, I hear you won't be in Utah for the reunion. I was hoping to hear you and Stevie do some politcal debating.

Hope your residency is going well. It is always nice to read your blog and keep updated on your family doings.

Darin

paul said...

thanks for visiting darin. we will miss seeing your family as well. i will also miss pwning my hipster brother...

Dad (TMF) said...

If you come to the reunion, you may go to the game!

Amy F said...

Stop rubbing it in!

We will be missing many things this next weekend... but the BYU game won't be one of them thanks to Paul's work. We will get to see the '08 debut on our desitin-stained couches.

But sitting in the stadium for that first game, watching Hannah as a BYU cheerleader, enjoying the company of the Frandsen Cougar Fan legacy would definitely be better. Oh, well.

Stephen said...

pwning, paul, is something you have never done.

paul said...

pwning, dear brother, is my specialty...

Jenni Coberly said...

Amy,

I went to email you about Let's Play Music and I can't find your address. I LOVE it!! My classes went so well last week and I really look forward to teaching again this week. The program is fantastic and so smart. I'm thrilled that my kids get to experience it. I put Morganne in it. She will be 8 in October, but I'm going to speed up one of my classes this summer so that my older students will graduate and move onto individual instruction a year early. Let me know if you have any questions. You can email me any time. You should really teach. It's great extra money and such a fun way to share your talent!

Aaron Joseph said...

Nice find paul. I know you are about as anxious as I am for this season to got rolling.

Kendall said...

Way to stick it to the man, Paul. I'll be at the NIU game, so look for me on TV.

paul said...

aj: very anxious.

kendall: i'm glad you'll be there. we'll be watching...always watching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails