Last week, Ella began showing us her first real smiles. They are magical to me.

They are hard to capture on camera... and I usually just get them all to myself during quiet times in the morning and afternoon.
I love the feeling of real connection I get with her when she studies my face, really looks at me, then--her cheek move out, her lips turn up, and--a smile is suddenly spread across her face.
I love the feeling of real connection I get with her when she studies my face, really looks at me, then--her cheek move out, her lips turn up, and--a smile is suddenly spread across her face.

During the first months, few things are more enjoyable and memorable as these first smiles. I know from experience that I'll see thousands of smiles in the coming months, and that she'll eventually do things that are much more interesting and entertaining.


9 comments:
she is darling... i love when they start to smile too! :)
Magical indeed! We can't wait to see her smiles...when do we get to see you next? Hopefully soon. It looks like she likes the blanket! :)
Mel... that blanket has produced some of her greatest smiles yet!! Thanks again.
Does she smile when you say Grand Patty?
She's so cute! Baby smiles ARE magical...you want to hold onto them forever. It's fun to see who she resembles...to me in those pictures she looks like Michael and Hannah...What's the concensus at your house?
cute cute cute cute.
Dad F... doesn't everyone smile at the mention of Grandpatty??
Jill... she really looks like a lot of Michael's baby pictures. It is fun to hear you say you see Hannah, too. I also see some of my brothers.
One thing is for sure... she belongs with us! I took her to her Dr. appointment today, and she smiled throughout her whole exam. No smiles after shots, though... that was sad!
Ella is so beautiful, and getting so big! I got a good laugh out of the potty training results, and Micheal's medal ceremony! You are hilarious, we miss you guys! Now that we're only 5 hours away (?) maybe we'll see ya more! (If I can convince Nate that a Disneyland/Frandsen visit trip is a NEED not a want! ;o)
Definitely a need, Saysh! Hope you can come before the beginning of January... that's when our passes expire!
Oh, and I feel closer to you already! 5 hours isn't much for a good time in Southern California, right??
Post a Comment