Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ella's First Disneyland Trip...

Just wanted to document a big first in the life of our California-born Ella... the first trip to Disneyland.


Last Thursday we cured our cravings to make another Disney run. Our year pass is blocked out for most of the summer... so this week was the first week we could go since Ella has been born. We arrived just in time for the evening parade... which she was wide awake for as you can see in the picture.

After that, she got the Baby Bjorn treatment until she feel asleep on our first ride... the jungle cruise. Then she slept and slept and slept as she saved places with me for Fantasmic while dad and the other kiddos went on rides. She continued to sleep and sleep and sleep through Fantasmic and the fireworks... ate in the car, and slept all the way home. A success!

It really is a wonderful place, isn't it Ella?? Just wait until you stay awake to see it all!

Which reminds me of something really cute Michael said. During Fantasmic, the narrator said something about Disneyland being the "Happiest Place on Earth." Michael looked up and said "This isn't the happiest place on earth... our home is the happiest place on earth."


I agree, little buddy. Totally agree.

7 comments:

libby said...

Awww, so cute. That is a great tribute to your parenting skills. I only hope my kiddos will say the same thing.

Stephen said...

michael is right about disney land not being the happiest place on earth. only coney island is deserving of that title.

Jenni Coberly said...

What a sweet boy you have. It is my prayer that my kids will always feel the same way about our home. What a fun trip to Disneyland. How fun that you live close enough to visit it frequently.

Aaron Joseph said...

Some serious blogging going on here. Two posts in thirty minutes. I'm impressed.

Micheal can be so diplomatic. Our house can be pretty happy too, that is until someone breaks out the dalmuti.

Amy F said...

Yeah... I guess all judgments on happy homes are off until our kids are of Dalmuti-playing age. Good point, AJ.

Stevie... I can tell I need me some of this Coney Island goodness...

MJ said...

That must have made you feel oh so good! You are such a great mother Amy. And, we need to get in a Disneyland trip with Aaron before you all make the move to Utah!

Jill T said...

Cute Michael! I can't wait to take our kids to Disneyland for the first time! Are your passes blocked out the week of Thanksgiving?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails