The trendsetter: Michael.
But as with all things he does, Michael has a definite purpose behind his actions.
You see... each shirt has a specific purpose. "This is the shirt I wear for breakfast." "This is just my shirt for being outside."
But most shirts are for sports. Of course. "I need this shirt if I'm going to play basketball, because it has a number and it's yellow, like the Lakers." "This one is green, so it is the Celtics." "This one has a big number on the back, so it is for my soccer playing." "This one has a collar, so it is a golf one." "This on is for football because..." yadda, yadda, yadda.
And of course, he wears them all at once, because one never knows when he will need to play a championship game in his living room. He sheds to a different layer at specific points of the day, depending on the activity and its required attire.
Then there is the recent interest in cycling... because, you see, Michael and his daddy are watching the Tour de France together. If you know anything about the Tour, you will know that... aside from the different jerseys for the different teams... at the end of each day, winners of different categories are awarded jerseys that they wear the following day...
Bekah, of course, wants to do exactly what Michael is doing.

Yes, she is putting on her 5th shirt.
Abby gets into the spirit of things, too.

Ella is thinking... "What kind of people...??"

She keeps things simple and only requires a change of clothes if her diaper gets a little out of control.
At the beginning of this fad, there were shirts EVERYWHERE throughout the house. I soon required that he keep them in his room. And I have since taught him how to hang his own shirts... although that only *really* happens once every couple of days...
But I guess it has somewhat diminished in the past 2 days... after we pointed out to him that it was stretching out his shirts and they wouldn't fit right if he kept layering *7-10* shirts at a time. We suggested keeping it to *3-4*, which he has done very well since. Whew.
But... whatever. His imagination soars, and every day he wins national championships, basketball tournaments, world cycling races, and is properly outfitted for dinner in the evening. Better to be over-dressed than under-dressed, I always say.
But I'm guessing that... like all fads... this too will fade.

8 comments:
it was fun this morning as mark cavendish won his forth stage in the tour. michael has been racing around and around the house. he comes to the front by the tv with rugs as the finish line and practices different hand gestures of triumph as he crosses the line. he is really fun to watch the tour with as he asks me about riders by name.
he loves to keep up with who's in what jersey...
tell michael that today i ate lunch in new jersey, which is a kind of jersey he wasn't wearing.
the boy scouts could take a lesson here. how can you really be 'always prepared' unless you have an outfit for any occasion on you at all times?
maybe our resident silver beaver could pass michael's tip on in his next training...
I'm not showing this post to my kids. No offense - just sounds like a ton of work!! I'm glad that Michael is so animated and loves to spend "sports time" with Dad.
Finally got some new pics up - and one bump pic for you Amy!
Oh no, it happens with boys too?...and Joseph was so excited for boys so that he wouldn't have to face the heap of clothes at the end of each night.
Lately Aaron has been has shown a preference for wearing his "cars" pajamas under everything. But I don't think his little head uses the logic that Michael does, I think it's just a little obsessivenes he has in his genetics (from mom and dad).
Silver Beavers don't wear clothes.
Don't you just love little boys? They definitely have their own way of doing things...
Post a Comment