Friday, July 04, 2008

Ella's Blessing Day...

Last Sunday, June 29th, we blessed our little Ella Estelle.


As our first/only baby born in California... relatively far away from much immediate family... we didn't expect to have many family members available for her blessing day. However because of a family wedding on the Frandsen side, and because my parents agreed to stay in town a few extra days, we were able to have a meaningful priesthood circle surround Ella as Paul blessed her.



For the record... those standing in the circle were: Father, Paul. Grandfather, Allan Risenmay. Grandfather, Tracy Frandsen. Uncle Jonny Frandsen. Uncle DJ Jones. Amy's Uncle Eric Peterson. Friend Brian Rowley. Bishop Paul Chatfield.

We were able to stall until everyone was there and ready. The blessing was wonderful, and she didn't even do this:


Here is a family group picture.


Um... Jonny and Mel... where were you in this picture?? Oh, here you are...


Our friends, the Rowleys, who, fatefully, will actually be moving into the house RIGHT ACROSS the street from us later this month!!!


Unfortunately (actually, it was quite fortunate) Abby and Bekah had settled down for much-needed naps before we did a big group picture. But we did enjoy their company later that afternoon.



We were grateful that for the arrangements and efforts that these people made to be with us on this special day. Thank you all so much!! We truly felt of your love and support. There are also many who would have loved to have been there, we know. Thank you for your best wishes, prayers, and thoughtful phone calls.


I appreciate so much Paul's ability and dedication to use the priesthood to bless our children and our family. It is always a special experience to stand by as he has prepared to bless each of our children. He sets aside prayerful time to contemplate, pray, and consult with me. We talk about our observations, feelings, and experiences up to that point and consider the personality and temperament we have witnessed. He has been able to translate all of this into beautifully inspired insight and meaning for each of our children. Each baby blessing has been a special experience for me.


Ella is a beautiful soul. I loved this time that we were able to focus on her and what the addition of her personality means for our family. I feel so blessed to be her mother, and expect to learn a lot from her.


And thank you, Libby, for taking so many fun pictures!!



And at the end of time, it will be days like this that have given such rich meaning to my life.

And I have so many reasons to be incredibly grateful.

9 comments:

Allan said...

A wonderful, thoughtful and S[piritual blessing of beautiful Ella, and I was so pleased to be included in the circle.
One the most meaningful times in my life was the previous Friday night was when we arranged for Paul and Amy to have a night out. All of the necessary preparations were made, but she slept four hours in my arms (I selfishly wouldn't give her up to Val). I was disappointed when I heard the garage door open up. Ella then woke up, ready for dinner. It was a sweet, memorable experience to hold the newborn baby of such blessed parents.

Dad (TMF) said...

And, the other Grandpa comments on the enlargement of our family circle. We so loved being part of this moment in your family history. I hope she faithfully lives up to the promises pronounced upon her by her righteous patriarch.

Jenni Coberly said...

What a beautiful family you have! Amy you are an inspiration to me and it always uplifts me to read your feelings on motherhood. You are amazing!! I love that you talk about the blessing together as a couple before hand. What a great idea and I'm sure it brings you closer together.

Melissa said...

I love all the pictures, Ella is such a gorgeous baby. It sounds like you had such a special day, and I'm glad you were able to record how you felt, these were some beautiful thoughts-thanks for sharing them with us!

Heather said...

What a beautiful day...for such a beautiful baby!:)
Love all the pictures they were great! Amy what a wonderful mother you are.. You are inspiration to all.

Aaron Joseph said...

Looks like the blessing went really well. I wish I could have been there. Chelsey and I are trying to scheme a trip at the end of the summer to drop by and see the kiddos for a day or two.

Amy F said...

we would love to have you!

-paul

mom/shauna said...

Ella had a beautiful blessing day. How nice that so many family members could be there to show love and support.

Rob and Kelli said...

Wow-beautiful baby...and family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails