
It turns out that 'if you only watch one stage...' of the Tour de France (see post below...), you should also make sure you are watching your 2 year old daughter (only 5-6 feet behind you) who might happen to be smearing Desitin all over your living room couches.
Oh, Abby. Yikes.
My google searches today include: Desitin stain removal. Desitin upholstery stain. Remove Desitin from upholstery. Couch Desitin stain. Remove Desitin stain from couch. REMOVE DESITIN STAIN FROM COUCH NOW!!!!
And this is what it looks like tonight.

Not much better. Any ideas??
Then this is what I walked in on when I checked on Abby during her "nap."

Oh, it is a good thing she is so stinkin' cute...
I took this picture a couple of days ago. She's reading the book "I Love You Just the Way You Are." And I do love my Abbers-Babbers.

Yeah... and I'm all ears about Desitin stain removal...

13 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry! I did a search and found a few websites I thought you might like to see:
1)http://cleaning.lifetips.com/faq/67170/0/how-do-i-remove-desitin-ointment-zinc-oxide-stains/index.html
2)http://housekeeping.about.com/od/stainremoval/a/ointmentstain.htm
3)http://www.mattvac.co.uk/stainremoval.htm
I hope those help! I would also rent a carpet cleaner with the upholstery attachment and really give those cushions a good deep cleaning after all other efforts:) Good luck!
i love that first picture of abigail. why did she smear desitin all over her forearms and then on her face? that's the most amazing thing i've ever seen.
Amy, I had no idea the desitin was as wide spread as it was. Could you maybe just turn the couch cushion over? WE love the Abber Babbers too.
stevie: rotfl
patty: hi :)
You know... looking at the picture of the Abbers in her princess dress, the white smeared up to her forearms almost looks like elegant white arm gloves... don't you think??
I'm almost thinking about taking the cushions to the dry cleaner. What do you think, Christine? Would they be able to get it out??
I don't dare wash them myself... just too chicken, and just risky don't you think?
But our front room does have a fresh, clean odor about it...
Amy, we've had similar experiences with toothpaste and a red sharpie marker. I did wash my cushions myself and was able to get most of it out, but there is still a little residue. Maybe the dry cleaners could have done better, but I've already succombed to the fact that those couches are trashed...We did what Aunt Pat said, flipped the cushion over. Fels Naptha worked wonders on the sharpie. Maybe it would work on desitin?
Oh, yikes!!! What a creative spirit she has!!!
sometimes when i come home from school after a long time, stevey has done the same thing with his rash powder.
i should take pictures next time.
what an adorable little girl?!
i agree about the white gloves look.
how rash stephen.
You all need to know this: When Amy and Matt were 3 and 4 we visited a beach in Florida. They loved the beach so much that when we got home (Provo) they decided to make one of their own-out of a box of Tide. They had it spread all over the floor, playing in their homemade sand.
I guess it was in the genes.
I definitely remember the Tide incident. It was a HUGE box of tide (it was even almost full), and made a great heaping hill for Matt's trucks.
I'm sure it was Matt's idea in the first place...
No Way! This is horrible!!! Thank you so much for linking this for me to see. I don't feel so bad now... especially with Paul being right there! Too funny. I'm glad you got the picture!
the first thing i did was grab the camera before any cleaning...i was shocked...:) i don't think she got any in her mouth like Aspen--good think you caught her! good times.
Post a Comment