
After having visual screenings that clued us in to Michael's need for glasses, Paul was fast to book an appointment with a pediatric ophthalmologist. He is about 20/60 in one eye and 20/80 in the other, with astigmatism. A definite call for glasses.
So last week, with prescription in hand, we went to pick out a pair of frames.
He was very thorough, and enjoyed the process of trying on so many frames. He especially noticed the different colors and logos. When he liked a pair he would remark: "I think these ones are style." That how we knew it was a "favorite."His daddy was careful in creating a pile of "favorites" from which he made a final decision...

On Friday, he went to have them fitted...
And there you have it... Michael in glasses!
That night there was a special "Mommy and Me Dinner" at his preschool, where he got to make his stylin' debut.
On the way over, he suddenly said "Whoa, Mom! The mountains!" He told me about how he could see the green spots on the mountains, and how he thought they were "probably bushes or trees or somethin'."Here he is with some of his classmates (all the classes sang songs to the mommies!)...

Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Stout.

He was pleased that so many people liked his glasses. Teachers and other moms told him how cool and handsome he looked. Today in primary, one of his friends told him that she liked his glasses... most other kiddos seem pretty oblivious to them.
Michael has been very good about the "rules" for glasses, and will tell them to you if you ask him. He's very careful and responsible with them, and loves to put them in his nifty race car case. He has since remarked on several differences he sees with his new glasses.
So here begins a new chapter in the life of Michael. Let us know what you think... we'll read your comments to Michael!

10 comments:
Michael, I like your new glasses! You look awesome! I have glasses too, (and contacts) and I'm so glad because I see so much better with them!
Michael: I stayed up late watching the video of you picking out your glasses. What a good looking pair on a good looking boy. Can't wait to see them on you in person on Wednesday. Now you will be able to see how beautiful Grandpatty is! Love, Grandpappy.
Micheal,
Now you will be able to see football players much better. I always wear my glasses to football games and movies. Go BYU!
I love little people in glasses. I should take him with me to get my next pair, he is stylin'!
Michael, I just love your glasses. I know Aaron will like them too. He is so excited for everything you have to teach him when you come to Utah this week!
hey buddy!!!! when i heard you were getting glasses, i went to the most stylin' place in all of new york city and picked me up a pair. although i'm not quite as good looking as you when i wear them, i feel pretty confident the ladies give me a second look (as they do you, i'm sure) when i'm sporting my sweet new shades.
What a handsome, smart little boy. You picked the perfect pair!!
Michael,
Your glasses are just perfect for you! You know, when I was little, I always wanted to have glasses because I thought they were so cool! I even bought myself some fake ones to wear around so I could be as cool as all the glasses-wearers!
Amy, he looks so handsome. Good choice on the "in style" glasses. What a fun milestone in his almost 5 year old life. You are such a good mom...you handle everything with such ease and grace. I love it!
Micheal,
I remember when I got my first pair of glasses in third grade. I walked outside and could see the signs on the buildings across the street for the first time! It is such an amazing experience to be able to see. You did a great job picking out glasses. You look so handsome! Make sure to be really careful with them so they stay looking nice instead of all scratched up. Good job dude!
Post a Comment