Wednesday, May 14, 2008

cup overfloweth...

so much to write about...where to start. i've had so many posts floating around in my mind today that i almost didn't post anything for feeling overwhelmed.

so i'll start small and see what happens from there.

i turned 30 and many of you came over to the house. what a cool gift. i loved talking with all of you. normally, at a social gathering like that, my guiding principle is get to the best food early and often. however, the night of the party i didn't eat a bite till many of you had left, and i didn't regret a minute of it:)

the contentment and happiness i felt was really nice. many of you have unknowingly and specifically changed my life. your impact on my life is something i cherish and appreciate. thank you also for the letters you emailed to amy. each one brought memories, feelings and/or thoughts that reminded me that my life has been good in large part because of the wonderful people i've met.

thank you.

and sorry...for the schmaltz. i try to avoid that here on the blog, but my emotions got the better of me.

how about something manly as an antidote.

friday night some frandsen boys went camping. pictures and video (once the videos can be found on the google server) to follow...

we shot lafe's new gun:

and michael talking about it...



we slept in the new tent (notice stevie's pink blanket...reminiscent of camping trips gone by:)

we hiked up the red cliffs of diamond fork canyon:

michael talking about how he wasn't so sure about this hiking thing...



michael learned the art of 'bum sliding' here:

and we embarked on an ill fated rafting trip (in the creek you can barely see to the left of stevie's arm) that ended less than 100 yards after it began and saw all of us wet and sputtering from being thrown from the inflatable kayak...


good times and good memories.

5 comments:

Jenni Coberly said...

Wish we could have been there. I'm sure it was a good time. Hope to bump into you guys this summer. I just noticed you only have 38 more days until #4 is born. So exciting. I too hope to see the baby this summer. Try for the 24th of July. That's always a predictable time to see people in old SF.

Amy F said...

Hmmm... Paul you incriminate yourself on our blog. Michael's mom gave specific orders not to be around the gun on that camping trip.

What's a mom to do?? Oh, my.

But as long as he learned the art of bum-sliding... I guess I can't complain.

Jenni... don't know if we'll make the 24tth, but we're bound to see you there sometime! I missed catching up with your mom this Sunday...

Stephen said...

third!!!!!

Dad (TMF) said...

What else did you teach the 'man' on that trip?

Heather said...

Paul Happy 30th!!!!
It sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!
Nate & I turn 30 in a couple of weeks. I'm starting to feel real old!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails