
so, i've given in. lately i have seen many blogs and websites with playlists. amy and i have found new music this way and have enjoyed hearing what others are interested in (amy made me download a michael buble song the other day--and who knows how to pronounce his name.) however, i know that dad risenmay would never visit our site again if it started blaring music when the page finishes uploading...
the big reason i decided to add the playlist is that it gives a cool chance to share music ideas without requiring you who are reading a music review to purchase the music first. it also makes it easy for you to scroll over and click on the player to sample the wares.
as many of you know, i gave a review of the killers a few months back. so i threw a few of my favorites on the end of the playlist.
however, today i want to highlight another band to whom i have been listening quite a bit. now, the nyc hipsters may snicker because it feels cliche that i choose this band or that they have been enjoying this band for years, but i will give the review undaunted by that possibility.
death cab for cutie is the band i wanted to mention (you hadn't noticed from the large photo at the top?) these guys are great. i have found that on a day when i need to unwind or de-stress from rough times i can turn on death cab's plans album and just float into pleasant oblivion...and come away refreshed afterward.
give it a try...
[oh, the player is on the sidebar below the page links.]

26 comments:
so, i placed the music player on the sidebar, but realized that for smaller computer screens i had to truncate the width. you can't therefore scroll up and down from song to song. however, you can hit the forward or back button (next to the play/pause button) to get to all the songs.
a bit of a pain, but it allows you to get to the player without rawling your finger by scrolling to the bottom of the page...
anyone have a any favorite tracks from what i've added. any other death cab tracks you would add (even from other albums?)
disclaimer: i own several other albums, but my limited exploration hasn't found them as satisfying...
I'll have to check out the songs when i have a little more time...it's prounounced boo-blay....I'm curious to know which song of his she liked? There is a fun clip of him with Josh Groban on YouTube you'll have to check it out when you get a chance. Two of my favorite male voices(besides Joe's of course :) ) together having fun, you can't beat that.
Paul....come on.....who hasn't heard of Michael Buble......Pronounced....."Boob-lay". I'm sorry, I had to do it!
I just noticed that Amy L. pronounced it a lot nicer than I did.....I hope I am still allowed to view your blog. :)
freudian slip jenni?
yes, amy found the song on your playlist amyjo.
Jenni, I have to tell you when I first wrote it, I left out the hyphen, I proofread it and started to blush...so hence thank heaven for hyphens...
Paul, you didn't answer my question....
Amy, which song of his did you like?
Girls, girls... we do have standardson this here blog. Sheesh, whaddayathink you guys are in high school again or something?? You guys are reminding me of my dad.
The song was "Everything"... which I first heard at my aerobics class (during the "cool-down"), and the buzz from the gals as we were gracefully stretching is that the song is actually about his daughter?? Cute.
I think there was another song that I heard that I liked, but haven't taken the time to find it. I was just glad to hear it on Amy L's blog...
And I don't know what the whole "What WE'RE listening to lately" thing is... I'll have to get some of my tunes on there.
Paul... will you PUH-LEASE change your avatar??
amyjo: amy mentioned she like this new singer buble (bub-lee is how i prefer to pronounce his name). so i got on itunes and found the song that was highest rated and downloaded it from musicmp3.ru.
i'm afraid it's my avatar that make my amy blush...
Amy, it should have read, “I ACCIDENTALLY left out the hyphen..... My blushing was a result of real embarrassment, not trying to have a sense of humor.
If I knew you two as well as Jenni, then I might try to be funny...:o)
Amy,
If I were in high school I would never had made that comment. Ask Paul.....I was straight as an arrow. I have to say it's my cute husband Chris that has corrupted me. In fact when I told him about my comment he was very proud. :)
I love that you all talk back and forth on your blog. It has been way too fun. I'm trying to do it more on mine.
Happy Saturday!!
How about a hymn for unwinding?
yes...jenni was straight and so am i.
i'm not sure who to blame my corruption on...
pops: the hymns that amy has on our computer with all the kids singing make me irritable and ancy...i can't listen to a full song without turning the off. sorry pops.
i can relax by sitting down and singing a hymn, but it's a bit easier to listen to death cab on my ipod in public spaces than singing a hymn for the enjoyment of those around me. but honestly, i usually prefer my music to any rendition of the hymns that i currently own.
pops: what did you think of death cab? did you give them a try?
DJ loves Deathcab as well. He suggests some of their earlier albums.
Amy: I love Bub-lee's new song! Did you know we went to his concert with DJ's family when they were here in August? It was so fun! He is a great performer. I was really impressed with how musical he is live. I love it when famous people are famous for good reasons.
Very fun, very fun.
What else are people listening to? It just seems like it has been a while since I found a good album, or singer... I just don't listen to the radio anymore. (Not that the radio plays a great selection either...)
I heard that Jewel is touring again... and I felt dated. Just because I listened to her all the time in high school, and the girl who told me she was touring said, "Jewel is touring again. Can you believe it? Isn't she so old?"
Is this really happening? To me?
Amy, I think you are older than Jewel.
libby: what album and/or songs from the album does dj suggest?
people people people....death cab? buble? really? how about jack white or Karen O? let's please support quality music, ok?
paul: Please change your icon back, now.
Matt... no more comments like that. You're only 14 months younger than I, boy.
Stephen... please change YOUR icon. That sailor-man has been giving me the creeps since... how long has it been??
Karen O.'s Yeah Yeah Yeah website gives me the creeps.
So what if I just want some trendy music??
amy: I think you'll like this, this, or this.
paul: you might be interested to know that Rufus Wainwright (the first link) wrote a song on his latest album about the first time he met Brandon Flowers.
stevie: the song i already know and love by rufus wainright is on the shrek soundtrack--hallelujah. funny that this song of his is so biblical. combining the two sticks musically if you will...
stevie: i've been on call and barred from 'social networking sites'. who knew. i'm still working on get around to enjoying the plethora of music you have laid before us here.
Post a Comment