Sunday, August 19, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance...

So You Think You Can Dance... a show Paul and I have loved watching together. We started mid-way through last season and were hooked. Dance is such a wonderfully expressive form of art... and can be used (and mis-used) to portray so much emotion. Dancing is one of those talents I wish I had. I watch good dancing with a bit of covetousness--I'll admit. This year's winner has only been training in dance for four years... so I guess it's never too late???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnoUwjx3hb0

So the 2007 Finale of So You Think You Can Dance was Wednesday night... and I thought I'd share with ya'll some of my favorites... if you have a few minutes. My dad has major complaints about the "screamers" in the background... just ignore them.


Sabra and Neil's "Business Deal" Jazz dance... so fun. Such strong moves. Sabra was the overall winner. I love when dance tells a story like this. A true power struggle.



Lacey and Danny's Viennese Waltz--so graceful and just... beautiful. I loved it. Mom R. you'll love this one.



Danny and Neil's Duet... dueling it out. Power and testosterone... such a fun number. Reminds me of the political debates lately on The Truth: as told by Tracy. (sorry it's so grainy)



This one was earlier in the season... Danny and Anya in a contemporary piece that really struck me. So much emotion... and "Apologize" is my new "most played" song...



Lacey and Neil with a Lindy Hop... so much fun. Mom R. will love this one, too. Remember when we would dance around like this (uh... but not like THIS) in the solarium, Matt?? Yeah... we're total wannabies. (I think this must have been someone recording from their TV)



This is a dance from the 2006 season... Heidi and Travis "The Bench." One number that you just don't forget. It is a contemporary routine that has actually been nominated for a Grammy award. It's just great.





So which one is your favorite?? Are you a wannabe like me??

16 comments:

Amy F said...

From Michael's prayer this morning: "Thank thee that things are going well, and that we are be-abling to make our own choices."

Love it.

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

mel and i still think that travis got ripped off last year. :( he was far and away a better dancer than the mormon benji.

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

this year we thought danny should have won.

petey said...

i liked the two dudes sword fighting the best in last week's episode...

Jill T said...

I still need to watch the clips you posted. but did you all know that Sabra is from Utah? That's 2 dance winners now from our great state. (the other girl on dancing with the stars w/ Apollo)

Dad (TMF) said...

It reminded me of being at a dance competition. I wish I had a good book.

I wish I was beabled to make choice.

Stephen said...

blah blah blah blah. i think dad and i for once agree on the internet.

but....i will marry sabra or lacey. someone please get me a contact with those ladies....

Stephen said...

um....i don't think that was testosterone, anyway.

Matt said...

dad (tmf),

What exactly does beabled mean, or was that a typo?

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

so i just started messing around with podcast today...how do you download earlier podcasts into your itunes? when i subscribe to podcast, it only downloads the latest one.

paul said...

once you have the podcast on itunes, you need to go to the podcast link under library (not under playlists) and it should have the podcast episodes that you have downloaded in grey. you then just click on 'get'.

i'm glad you're considering giving it a try.

travis was outstanding but benji is just so darn likeable. it was rooting for benji last year.

danny probably should have one but he was too off-putting for too long. maybe he was shy or maybe really was arrogant...hard to tell.

sabra is from utah, but it was interesting how she didn't claim utah in her interview with kat deeley...

bah humbug pa...

and bah humbug to stevie...you enjoy contradicting me and please don't tell me you weren't tickled when john travolta and christopher walken danced the night away.

patty said...

Hmmm, Stephen if that is all you need is a pretty face, a good body and some dacing skills I'm sure we could arrange it. I never thought of my second son being shallow before....which I am sure you are not.

paul said...

stevie: good choice. you should definitely beabled to go for it.

Allan said...

Help me please. Do you pronounce it:
be-able-led
or
beee-abb-led?
I also have a hard time with Her-me-own, Her-me-owney or Her-my-old-knee.

I am proud to say that in addition to American Idiots, I was not able to sit through a single episode of "So You Think You Can Make Money for Fox Network (ugh) by Dancing?"

paul said...

dad r: you have thus missed out on a rich cultural experience...however fueled.

i'm just glad you're commenting again. we missed you.

libby said...

Who knows if anyone will ever read this, but my favorite of those clips is the vienese waltz by lacy and danny. But my favorite dance of the season was the Mia Michaels Contemporary with the goggles... Do you remember it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails