Monday, August 27, 2007

Party with the Petersons...!

This weekend we went down south to spend some time with my cousin (Jan) and his family. Christine, Kaile, Garrett, and Claire met us at the San Diego Zoo, where we spent many hours enjoying each other, and the animals. What a cool zoo! I'm used to the Hogle Zoo in SLC, and this was so much better. Definitely worth the trip!

The kids really enjoyed their reunion. They enjoyed discovering the zoo together. The Michael and the girls particularly love their special helper, Kaile... Michael and Garrett are such great buddies, and Abby and Bekah loved 'talking' to Claire.


Michael and Garrett spent some time looking over the map and discussing where to go next. Very serious business...



Some of the wildlife were wandering around the streets...


The girls were attentive to the animals, and to each other...


A good time was had by all.


Jan and Christine live right next to my Aunt Sarah and Uncle Eric. They fed us and put us up for the night, and we enjoyed visiting with them. The adults stayed up way too late that night, so we relaxed that morning before setting off to Oceanside beach... which was a really fun afternoon.

The biggest beach breakthrough was our Abby... she decided that she LOVES the ocean water! She loved everything about the wet sand, the waves, and the saltiness thereof.


Bekah stuck to the dry sand and beach toys...


And Michael enjoyed it all! (I wish I had more pictures of all of us together, but I think Christine was the more prominent photographer.)


It was a great weekend and we loved being with the Petersons. What a great family... we love how easy going and fun-loving they are. On the way home we decided that we definitely need to do this more often!

In fact, tomorrow Paul is going on a trip with Jan to hike Mount Whitney ... the highest peak in the 48 contiguous states. Quite the challenge, if you ask me! He's really excited. Thanks again, Petersons!

12 comments:

Allan said...

The hike up Mt. Whitney sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you took some pictures, and be sure to tell us about it. Thanks for the pictures of the kids and Paul. Switch photographers ever once in a while!

paul said...

funny you should say that. i am usually the photographer and after 100 pictures of the girls and michael i politely ask amy to take a few with me and the kids. i'm glad you enjoyed looking at my mug.

whitney on wednesday--leaving today for 'basecamp'...

patty said...

I'm not exactly sure where you got your adventurous nature. I hope you enjoy hike, it just sounds like work to me. Although daddy and I have gone on two bike rides the last couple of days. Yesterday we went for about an hour and a half and today for an hour. Each time we ended up at Jonny and Melinda's. I am afraid they are going to get tired of us.

paul said...

i'm glad you've gotten some good bike rides in lately...you're wearing helmets i hope?

Jenni Coberly said...

I too love the San Diego Zoo! I have a picture on the same hippo. I tend to be the photographer in our family. I find myself having to ask Chris to take a picture of me and the kids so they know that I did things with them when they were little.

Amy F said...

Paul just takes a TON of pictures when he is the photographer. I take pictures more often, though. The reality is, the kiddos rule in the picture department... as it should be, if you ask me!

Paul took the camera to Mt. Whitney... I hope he gets some good pictures, and stays safe!

I wish those bike rides ended up in Redlands! Good job on the bike riding... keep up the good work.

Jenni, thanks for stopping by. I've enjoyed the pictures on your website!

Joe and Amy said...

Hello Paul,

Amy Jo told you are climbing Mount Whitney tommorrow! That is incredible, Whitney is amazing and huge! I've only seen it once, and that was from an airplane. I remember thinking, "I would like to climb that some day." Regarding Altitude sickness, yeah, it's real. I remember from about 15,000 feet up on Kilimanjaro I felt like I was breathing through a coffee straw. At the very top, my head was spinning... so dizzy. Van Halen's "Standing on top of thw world" song kept playing through my head. The reality is that you will likely feel some of the altitude affects because you have been living at sea level and you are going to ascend soo fast. I climbed Mount Nebo in Utah county a few years ago and felt the air thiness. Altitude sickness comes from failure to aclimatize, and I am sure you will feel some of it, but NOT ENOUGH TO STOP YOU!!! You are a super man. Please post photos and tell stories. I am so jealous.

Christene said...

I needed this post tonight. It put a smile on my face!!! Hopefully I will get my pictures up soon. Maybe tomorrow. I have some cute ones of you at the beach Amy - and too many cute pictures to post. I will send you a CD.

We so enjoyed you being here. We really do need to get together more often!! Jan and I kept saying when you left, "That was so much fun. I am so tired. That was so much fun!" Thanks for wearing us out :)

I can not tell you how excited Jan was for Paul to hike Whitney with him! I'm sure they will have a good time.

Amy F said...

Christine... we'd love a CD! I think you really did take the bulk of the pictures! You've always been such a great photodocumenter! We were sooo tired, too. Sunday was a major nap day to recover! I hope Paul and Jan are ready for their climb! Paul was busy reading about how to treat altitude sickness and brushed up on some wilderness medicine, etc. before he left. Hope he doesn't have to use it!

Joe, your words of experience are not comforting to me...

Christene said...

They made it :) Hope Paul is feeling well. What an accomplishment!

Allan said...

I loved the pictures of the hula hoops. It remineded me of the hula hoop craze when I was in grade school. Everyone brought hula hoops with them for recess. Some could hula four or five at a time. The fun part was adults could never make them work very well-only kids. Something to do with anatomical changes in adult midriffs I think.

Allan said...

501 DAYS 15 Hrs 17 Mins 44.6 Secs of GWB!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails