Friday, October 27, 2006

left hanging...


75 degrees and hanging out, indoors, forlorn.

12 comments:

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

so sad...

paul said...

NEWS FLASH:

Dry your tears and turn those frowny faces upside down...

Tomorrow morning will find Paul on the mountain and on a bike! That's right... a bike ride on a sunny Saturday morning. Paul has a well-deserved day off and will be going with my brother.

Don't worry... they'll be back in time to watch the BYU football game. Then we'll make a trip to the beach.

Now that's what I call a day off... don't you all agree?? What a lucky man!

How would you all spend a happy day off?

petey said...

i can't even imagine a day off...
what does that even mean?

petey said...

i can't even imagine a day off...
what does that even mean?

paul said...

unfortunately, amy blew the credibility off the somber mood i was in...

Anonymous said...

Paul and Amy:
I have not yet discovered what your family will masquerade as this year. Footballers? Disco dancers? Bikers dudes and chicks?

Anonymous said...

...don't leave me hanging. :)

paul said...

footballers. michael will be a football player and amy and i will be his supportive parents and rabid BYU football fans. the girls were going to be pom poms, but since grandpatty got them inch-worm outfits (which are very cute) we got lazy and didn't spend the money and time on the pom pom outfits.

it is really fun that michael has been around zach, kate and jane enough to be considered family. we are honored.

paul said...

Yes... this football craze seems to be taking over our lives. What will we ever do at the end of the season!??!

Although Saturdays do seem to be a little more productive once football season is over...

And somehow, Michael always finds an interest to fill the void. I just don't such high hopes for BYU B-ball.

Jill... Michael learned about the letter J this week. We were thinking of words that start with J... Jill ("Zach's mom") and Jane were at the top of the list. It is nice to know good memories last so long.

paul said...

Peter et all... the "day off" question is hypothetical, of course. How many of us actually have "days off" anymore??

My day off would be to head to the beach with a good book... I never get to read anymore... and settle down for a few hours to read and eat a Cafe Rio salad (that I didn't make myself!). (I know there are geographical limitations with the beach and Cafe Rio...this is just hypothetical.)

After a few hours, my hubby and kids would join me and we'd play. That would be the end of my "day off," I know... but I don't think I'd truly enjoy the day without them. Maybe if I didn't have to haul any of the gear (or kiddos) to or from the beachfront, that would make a difference!

I actually think I'd want to do some window shopping, too...

Anyone else???

Anonymous said...

Gosh, we loved those pictures. Those kids are growing up way too fast! I haven't been this excited for Christmas since I was about three.
Todd got to start in Ontario's first game in State second round playoffs game. He was walking on air. They won, and this Saturday they will be playing Hidden Valley-some little town on OR west coast. It is eight miles away, and so I am pretty sure we won't be able to be there. It is going to be on artificial turf. and so they are going to go to Boise State this week and practice on their famous blue turf.

paul said...

dad risenmay: it is really nice to have you on our blog! how exciting about todd. let's hope they take state. i've always felt that if i knew then what i know now--i would have taken state too.

good luck todd.

we too are excited for christmas. it should be a lot of fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails