Last week's Economist had this to say about Mitt Romney.The gist of the article is that Mitt is extremely well qualified and is emerging as the front runner in the race to beat Mcain to the republican nomination. The problem is that a recent LA Times/Bloomberg poll found that 37% of respondents would not vote for a mormon.
I would vote for a mormon (I think I've voted for a mormon in every election since I turned 18). I even voted for the democrat who was a friend of my grandpa's (mom insisted and I was still young). This year I hope to vote for a body builder and a mormon. Would any of you not vote for someone based on their religion? race? preference? political party?
Any predictions? I'll go out on a limb and say that Mitt will beat Hillary in the general elections (barring a loss to Mcain in the republican primaries).
Yes, I'm on my own this week; therefore, you aren't getting any pictures of cute kids. It's just me, politics, medicine and hopefully some recreation after my test on Thursday. Anyone want to go biking?

13 comments:
thanks to mom and dad for taking the kiddos this week. they have really changed and you will enjoy having them around. i had a hard time letting them go tonight (which is part of the reason why Amy got to bed later than she should have).
pretty interesting read. it seems a little to assured. i'm don't think romney is has a strong enough name to give a it bonified shot at the office. and i would not vote for or against someone just b/c of religion. although it would be cool to have a mormon in the white house.
by to i meant too. i.e. they seem too convinced that romney could be their man.
petey: agreed. it's a long shot, but i won't count romney out, in fact would say he'd a favorite next to Mcain barring a scandal somewhere in his past.
and look at what he did with healthcare in massachusets...
he made health care insurance mandatory by law. therefore, just like car insurance, those who can afford it must get it and those who can't are enrolled in a state plan. that's the simple version. i'll try to find an article that describes it better.
paul: doug patch is very discouraged with health care in ma. and he hates mitt romney. whats with his flip-flopping positions just to seek a nomination? is he pro-life or pro-choice? what will it be?
and i didn't stop visiting. i've been here all along.
oh, and i still support mccain over romney.
so i was just thinking about it. i've said in the past, that i want mccain to reach across the aisle and pick a democrat as a vp once he gets thru the gop primaries. but now that i think about it, if mitt were to do the same thing once he got thru, it'd be great if that reach across was nevada's pretty boy reid.
mormon sq-ed...? fight chance? maybe.
i would be interested to hear about what doug patch dislikes about hc in massachusetts. there hasn't been much time since the change for many differences to be felt (aside from the decrease in the amount of those covered by insurance).
i don't blame mitt for dodging the abortion question. it is poison in us politics. each party has commandeered an extreme position and won't allow moderation or a positiion in the middle. what's up with having to choose 'pro-life' and 'pro-choice'. I'd say I'm both. Saying you're not pro-life or pro-choice is counterproductive.
I would be happy with Mccain in office. I'm just saying I would vote for the mormon.
Having a democrat as VP sounds intriguing. I like it.
you stopped visiting there for a while there my peruvian polemic. you were busy and we don't you. what deltar does in his dominion goes.
'don't blame you'
you must ask dad about what doug thinks. we talked about it when we went out to dinner, but i don't know much about it so i sort of tuned out. i know doug doesn't get paid very much for the surgeries he does do.
oh, and its true that i stopped visiting the dominion, but not your fine world wide web log.
good to know brother.
Post a Comment