Michael had practiced his selection--Twinkle Twinkle pizzicato (plucked instead of played with the bow) throughout the week. Paul accompanied him on the piano, and they had done a few run-throughs. He sat calmly, watching the other students play their pieces, and commented a few times about good things he noticed they were doing as they played. (He kept his elbow up. She kept her feet planted. That was a good bow grip.) He soaked it all in.
When it was almost his turn, we took him to the other room to get his cello. We both told him we knew he would do a great job and have fun. Paul asked if he were nervous... "not really" was his reply.

Without hesitation and with a serious look on his face, he took his place and delivered his piece wonderfully. He even remembered to bow and acknowledge his amazing accompanist! Bravo, Michael!!
I love the sheepish grin he gives at the end. He was pleased with himself, but modest at the same time. This mother never imagined that Twinkle Twinkle could sound so fulfilling.

Good job Michael. I love to see your confidence grow as you work for something with determination and practice. You are such a cute little man!

10 comments:
Oh that is too cute! What a handsome boy..he's growing up so fast. And can I just say how lucky you are to go on all these trips kidless Amy? You have such an awesome family that helps you do things like that! I miss you.
way to go michael!! your position was wonderful, you played exactly in tune, and you were so confindent! I'm so proud of you!
yes! michael, my man, that was some totally radical playing.
Yeah Michael! I want to make it to performance #3. Do you know when it is? You're sooooo good. Aaron would love to see you play. Way to go.
Sweet performance, Michael. You look like a real boss behind that bull fiddle. I hope we get to see you play later this month!
Michael: I just listened to your rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." Superb job! Way to go. Be sure to prepare a piece for our Frandsen Family Christmas party. You are very talented.
Love, Aunt Shauna
Very impressive Michael! Can't wait to hear more.
Oh, the joys of a Suzuki Mom.
Michael's performance has inspired me to forgo the purchase of a flat screen and instead invest in a piano for the family. Talents are more important, not to mention the kids are like sponges for stuff like picking up an instrument. I look at Blake and think...your not even a Ute fan yet. You guys are disgustingly perfect! =)
Wow... glad to start such a great ball rolling!! Just don't let Duane blame me for not having a flat screen... :)
Post a Comment