Halloween keeps getting more and more fun as the kiddos get older and more aware of all the special/fun parts of it. This year, I love Michael's recounting of memories from last year and how they fed his excitement for the traditions to be played out this year. I love teaching Abby and Bekah all over again, and their excitement was thrilling. Ella was happily along for the ride, and you could tell she felt special in her costume.
Lucky for us, the kiddos all requested to be something that we already had costumes for! Without me even prompting!! So although costumes were well-worn and had some well-loved spots that had to be scrubbed/trimmed... the kids felt special and had a wonderful week wearing them any chance they got!
Here they are beside the pumpkins they carved with daddy.
Michael, the BYU Football Player
Really, is anyone surprised by this? At all?? You shouldn't be...
Really, is anyone surprised by this? At all?? You shouldn't be...

I was excited because this is the first year he has actually sat still and posed for me.
Perhaps decent pictures of my kids will get a little easier!!
Perhaps decent pictures of my kids will get a little easier!!

Bekah, the Minnie Mouse
A repeat from last year, and still just as sweet!
A repeat from last year, and still just as sweet!

She noticed every little detail and decoration surrounding Halloween.

Abby, the Tinkerbell
Aunt Melinda found this costume at DI, and it has been Abby's favorite.

She gracefully flew her way through every Halloween activity.

Bellzeenie the Butterfly
Who wasn't sure why mom was leaving her alone on the porch.

Then only wanted to play with the pumpkins.

Grandpatty the Scarecrow came to take them to a Halloween carnival
while Paul and I went to Stake Conference.
Aunt Melinda found this costume at DI, and it has been Abby's favorite.

She gracefully flew her way through every Halloween activity.

Bellzeenie the Butterfly
Who wasn't sure why mom was leaving her alone on the porch.

Then only wanted to play with the pumpkins.

Grandpatty the Scarecrow came to take them to a Halloween carnival
while Paul and I went to Stake Conference.

When Paul and I got home, we dressed up for the night.
Amy, the Girls' Dress Up Closet... the girls had fun helping me get dressed!
Paul, the Snowboarding Bum who is ready to hit the slopes to earn us a living!!
Amy, the Girls' Dress Up Closet... the girls had fun helping me get dressed!
Paul, the Snowboarding Bum who is ready to hit the slopes to earn us a living!!

Ready, set, GO!!

Jonny, Melinda, and Aaron joined us for our neighborhood party and trick-or-treating.
They were Tarzan and Jane with a super cute little monkey
who tagged along for his first trick-or-treating experience!
(I'm sad I didn't get a full-family picture of them, and Jonny is covered up here to stay warm. But they looked GREAT!)
They were Tarzan and Jane with a super cute little monkey
who tagged along for his first trick-or-treating experience!
(I'm sad I didn't get a full-family picture of them, and Jonny is covered up here to stay warm. But they looked GREAT!)

We lasted through our street and the next... but then turned in for hot cocoa and CANDY!!!
Bekah almost demolished hers within the hour.
Can't wait for next year!!

8 comments:
Can I just say how much I love your "girls' dress-up-closet" costume? I love it!!
Awesome costumes! Looks like you guys had a great time. The porch decorations look pretty snazzy. Are some of those Mr. Potatohead pumpkins?
Oh yay, my picture wishes have been granted! The kids looked fantastic and cute as always! Ella made a very sweet butterfly- looks like she stayed nice and toasty. Michael's got some pretty sweet football poses down! I love how the bows in Abby's hair matched her costume. Very fairy-esque! I have to admit that I was contemplating dressing up as Minnie this year, so kudos to Bekah! It's so neat that you and Paul dress up too, I bet it makes for a really fun Halloween!
A Halloween miracle! Using costumes you already had!
Glad you had a fun halloween. I love it when the parents dress up!
Those kids are so great and their parents are pretty fun too! Maybe this isn't appropriate to say, but you HAVE to get it when in all those pictures, all I can do is drool over your gorgeous home and think, "We are only a couple more years away to being done with all this training!"
those pumpkins are crazy and silly.
Post a Comment