Last weekend, Uncle Lafe (Paul's little brother) had a recital. Lafe did a great job, and the kiddos were so excited to see him play the bass and piano.

Recitals have always been one of my favorite Frandsen family traditions/gatherings where we celebrate another's accomplishments and show love and support. We loved supporting Lafe.
And Lafe was supportive of his nephew and neices, and had them perform some numbers for his recital. Thanks Lafe! They had so much fun "performing" in front of family and friends.

Here is Michael playing "Blackberry Twinkle Express" on his cello, accompanied by his teacher, Miss Willey (who is fabulous!!!)...
Then Michael accompanied (...played a few chords...) Bekah and Abby as they sang a Halloween song they learned in their music class...
I love how Aaron (Jonny and Melinda's son) wants to be up there with his cousins! We should have taught him the song to join in!!
At the end, Lafe was joined by his bass teacher (left), sister Hannah (back left), brother Jonny (back right), and Michael's cello teacher Elizabeth Willey (on piano bench) for a beautiful rendition of "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief." It was wonderful.

I love that I married into a family that loves good music and works hard to learn and share it. It is so fun to see this side of my children growing. I love that they love music. I love to see their confidence grow. I love that they are learning to be loved and supported by people who love them. Thanks again, Lafe, for sharing your day with us.

3 comments:
What a fantastic family tradition. It's good to see you and Paul keeping it going!
That little cello Michael is using is so cute! I wonder what instruments the girls will pick up?
michael!!!!! lafe!!!!!! kiddos!!!!!!!!
it's fun to see how your family is growing, and i'm jealous your kids are byu fans because brady has turned all of my kids against me-they actually cheer for the utes-yuck!
Post a Comment