
On my last shopping trip to Target, I found myself on the cleaning supplies isle staring Mr. Clean in the face, wondering if he could really help me.
You see, Abby and Bekah have spent the last year doubling my efforts to keep a clean house.

We, of course, have the typical toy scattering that happens throughout the day.
There are the liquid spills... at the end of the day, I have added 7-8 kitchen clean-up towels to the laundry.
After cleaning up daily cereal "snacking" messes, I moved all cereal boxes to the top cupboard.
These girls also love to be "helpful" with preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner...
Even Ella leaves a radius of food debris wherever her high chair is situated.
And I won't even start on the potty-training situations that occur...
But the messes that grate at me the most are the "colorings" that appear throughout the house. On the walls, cupboards, and chairs. On counters, toys, and appliances. These suckers don't come off.
Of course, every mother of young children has similar household woes to tell. I'm not asking for any pity... just documenting so my daughters can feel my empathy when they have toddlers of their own. :)
But wait! Say no more! Magic Eraser to the rescue!

These babies wipe it all away. And not just a little random Crayola. Dried up food on the wall next to the table? Gone! Sticky fingers on cabinets? One wipe! I love these little treasures, and will be filling my cleaning cupboard with them for the next couple of years.
I know they've been around for quite a while. I'm just rediscovering them... and it is wonderful!
The only thing I haven't been able to really clean is ballpoint pen on the walls. Any ideas?? I've already tried hairspray...
It makes me wonder what marvels my daughters will be cleaning with when they are mothers. Maybe by that time the walls will clean themselves...
Now that would be Magic!


7 comments:
I agree! Mr. Clean is a total lifesaver. I think most people that see your beautiful little twins just smile and laugh at all your funny stories, but frankly Amy I tend to get really nervous. The twins just started moving all over the house. They tend to divide and conquer. Well, it's fun to see your new pictures. You are quite the photographer.
Becca
I heard once that rubbing alcohol cleans away ink. I tried it once on a suede coat and it worked perfect! try it and see. Agreed, the magic erasers are just that, they clean everything!
`Trudy
I was also going to say rubbing alcohol and you could also try Goo Gone. I love it!!
Happy cleaning!!
We also have "magic eraser" budgeted & I also take off kids shirts to prolong wardrobe life.
So now I must ask, after eating, do you bend your kids over the sink and scrub their hands and arms up to their elbows and then douse their faces, cheeks, chins, necks and sometimes hair with water to get all of the food/sauce/yogurt/cereal/etc. off?
Jenni/Trudy... I'll try both of your suggests...
Matt... it must be in our parenting genes. Ella started getting the treatment this week. She is the messiest eater yet.
We need to get some of taht for grandpattys house! I am very excited to come out and see this magic:)I love you guys and miss you all! Be thinking of projects for me because i want to be a help when I come! :)
I too love Goo Gone for so many things, unfortunately I've found it only work on some pens, and not others. But it works like a charm for crayons and other sticky smudges.
Post a Comment