Friday, March 27, 2009

day in day out...

my one day off and a few evenings have been punctuated by little enjoyments.

michael, amy and i filled out brackets. michael and i have been filling them in after each round. my young byu fan insisted on taking byu to the finals (he had them winning 101-10.) i tried prompting him by stating that byu had never made it past the round of 8. it had no effect. (we are incidentally dissapointed with uncle matt for not picking byu in the first round for a measly point...was selling your fan-soul worth it...?)

in michael's defense, he misunderstood the tournament. the morning after byu lost, michael asked amy whom byu would play next. she informed him they had played their last game. tears came to his eyes as explained he thought byu would be playing another losing team. poor guy.

he's perked up though as many of his other teams are doing quite well (he is ahead of me at this point.)


ella is a joy. she is growing in leaps and bounds. i have been gone most days this week and often leave before she awakes and get home after she is asleep. it was heart warming one morning when she couldn't finish nursing because she kept craning her head around to see me wherever i walked. she is a light and delight to us...








abby's vocabulary has exploded in recent weeks. the inflections in her voice are priceless and her prayer's are 10 x's longer than they were two weeks ago. she was my 'go to' girl for the food prayer until recently..:) isn't this photo a scary presage of things to come..?


bekah still commonly asks me how my work was, how she missed me (and i missed her), and how sad we both have been from the time apart. who couldn't love coming home to that?

bekah often decides she is no longer 'bekah'. she is just 'byu'. she is 'byu' here in all her glory...

5 comments:

Amy F said...

We are all so glad when daddy comes home!

libby said...

oh, such cute kiddos! And, such a cute dad to write a fun little post about them. They'll love reading this when they get older.

Dad (TMF) said...

I went in the bathroom this afternoon to find Abby standing in her tights, holding her dress inside out saying, "I just can't believe it. I just can't believe it." She couldn't get the sleeve to go the way she wanted it. I just couldn't believe it.

Matt said...

You guys are taking some really great pictures.

Michael, in my defense I saw BYU play several times this year and they just weren't that good, especially on the road. Sorry Michael.

Had Plaisted come back for one more year we may have had a chance. I am a BYU fan, but my fanaticism has always bent towards football. I have leaned on Kentucky for my basketball (which has been difficult lately). But I heard rumblings that we may be getting the Memphis coach (Calipari) at UK. Isn't Michael a UK fan? I know Mary Ann has provided the apparel, and maybe some reflection of Kentucky's old glory is about to return...

Amy F said...

Bring back Pitino!

Your BYU blood seems sport-specific. Guess that's okay.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails