
As he has gotten older, the impending responsibilities of being a 5-year-old have sometimes gotten in the way his games and imaginative play. But he has been very good at assimilating the old with the new. It does occasionally, however, get in the way of task efficiency (...sometimes to the chagrin of a task-oriented mother...).
When asked to set the table, I often walk to the table to find something like this:

Me: "Michael! What do we have here??"
Michael: "So, this is just an alien fighter... and I just need some more forks to make some shooters."

When doing his homework, a simple worksheet can end up with a whole lot of extra "work" on it. Like this one:

Me: "Michael! So what's happening with all the numbers on this page?"
Michael: "Well... I just wrote all the numbers up to 42."
Me: "Well look. So you did."
Michael: "That's pretty much when I ran out of room at the top."
You just never know what he is thinking about... unless you ask.
And when he gives you the answer... it is always an interesting delight.

5 comments:
does michael know that i am actually an alien fighter?
Oh stevie, you're so weird.
With that imagination, Michael could end up being a very talented writer, don't you think?
Michael seems like a very fun and interesting kid. I'm glad to share the name.
What a smart boy. I hope Aaron enjoys imagining with him some day.
"Imaginating" does seem to be a Frandsen male trait. They dream big...
Stevie... I haven't yet broken the news to him that he does, in fact, have an alien robot for an uncle. Still waiting for the right time...
Post a Comment