For now, I'll just post these pictures from Friday, when it rained and rained and rained... all day long.

I remember one night after we had lived in California for a good 4 months. Paul and I were sitting in our living room and I said, "What's that sound?" We couldn't figure it out for a while... "It kind of sounds like rain..." We looked outside and saw... rain! Go figure. I can count on my fingers the number of times it has rained since we moved here 1.5 years ago. So to have it simply pour rain all day long was quite a novelty.


So when the girls went down for their naps, Michael and I got our gear on to go puddle jumping. Lots of fun!
We're just not used to having anything but sunny skies! It helped turn an otherwise dreary day into an adventure.
Except, one does have to remember the danger of teaching such novel joys to a four-year-old. I had to steer him away from many a muddle puddle at the Christmas Parade the next night (pictures to come...).
So while many of you are having winter snow adventures, we were just glad for some kind of "weather." Save some snow for us, Utah... we're coming soon, and Michael has sweet memories of snowboarding and snowmen in the backyard bowl!

6 comments:
What a fun mom you are to take him out and stomp with him!
I can't tell you how happy it makes me that for once in my life I don't have to drive in the snow.:) Joe is pretty excited about the winter cycling prospects without those icy roads. Now we just have to make it to Tahoe to ski/snowboard this winter and i think it will be nothing short of winter bliss.
i must admit, a white Christmas is magical. Hopefully the timing will work out for you!
Raindrops and Roses!
I can't believe that Michael was wearing sandals!?! I can't wait to go home and be warm!
You are a fun mom - kuddos to you for being willing to let him have such a rich childhood experience.
You need to download Gene Kelly "I'm Singing in the Rain." On LimeWire (Just a little illegal-if there is such a thing.
I want to go puddle jumping!
Dad... don't you worry. The rich heritage of old musical film bestowed upon me by mother dearest is not being wasted. Michael heard me sing "Singing In The Rain" as he splashed!
Post a Comment