Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Our First Earthquake...

So before we moved to California, one question I asked of some of the spouses of residents was whether they had experienced an earthquake. Some said... "Well, I think I've felt a couple, but I'm not sure." Some said they definitely had. So I've been anticipating my own earthquake experience. Might sound weird, but I have to say I have been a little disappointed that we haven't felt one yet. Morbid, huh? So you might think I am a little weird for being pretty excited to feel one last night!



See that big blue square?? It happened just after 4am this morning... and surprisingly enough... Paul and I were both up for it! I had crashed after getting the kiddos to bed, slept until about midnight, then got up for a few hours to get things done and wait up for Paul to get home from work.

I had just checked on the kiddos and we were just settling down to sleep when things began to shake and clatter. It only lasted about... 10 seconds?? And I was almost giddy! Looks like it measured to be a magnitude 4 earthquake... and I can check "earthquake" off of my list of California experiences to be had.

Now I just need to see a movie star...

3 comments:

Stephen said...

i was in a california earthquake once, but i slept right through it. sad.

Dad (TMF) said...

Mom and I had just returned home from seeing Grandpa and Grandma Frandsen off on their mission to the Philippines. It was about 3 in the morning and we had just slipped the boys into their beds when we crawled into bed and felt it shake all over the room. No other way to describe an earthquake except to be in one.

Amy F said...

Perhaps most earthquakes happen when most people are sleeping... and most people sleep through most earthquakes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails