Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas preparations...

Christmastime has been so fun this year. Michael is really into it, and there are so many fun things to do with the kiddos. So I'm going to throw up some pictures here... I'm just tired of looking at cheesy political cartoons...

Girls in front of the Christmas tree...

Some Christmas window shopping...


Michael decided he would have pretend races in the grassy square, Bekah climbed everything, and Abby decided she would try jumping. It was a simple, fun night.



We made snowmen brownies to take to Michael's Christmas party. He ended up being pretty proud of his creations.


And his preschool Christmas program was on Saturday.


Each class prepared a song, and Michael had been singing it around the house all week. I had it in my mind a certain way, and was kind of surprised to hear it all jazzed up with barnyard sounds in the actual performance! I guess I'm just used to hearing the primary-style songs. (sorry the video is so shaky...)



All we need is a little snow to make it really feel like Christmastime... and I think we might just need to do a little traveling for that one!

We leave for Utah for our Christmas vacation Thursday morning at 2am, as soon as Paul is home from work (or such is the plan...). Paul actually has 5 days of... in a row... and will be able to stay with us until Christmas night (25th). He'll be traveling home by himself to start work again the day after Christmas, and I'll be staying until the first week of the New Year.

Setting everything in order to leave for so long takes some planning and extra time. Except my extra time has been EATEN ALIVE this week, as the girls have both learned to climb out of their cribs. (Notice how Bekah has unloaded the contents of the shelves into Abby's bed.)



First it was just Bekah, but Abby learns fast! YIKES... this changes my life way too much... and so much of my "working" time has been taken up by their sleeping shenanigans! Today, I finally invested in a knob-cover for the inside of their door, emptied the room of everything but their beds, gutted the drawers, and jammed the closet door. A boring room without an exit induces sleep, right??

I heard them playing for a while, then they cried for a bit, but when the noise subsided they were each in their own beds and asleep at last. Aaaahhh... in a few days we get to take this show on the road and see how they do on vacation... oh, boy!

Grandmas and Grandpas... are you sure you are ready for us to come visit???

Better get back to those Christmas preparations... you'll all be lucky to get our Christmas card this year.

5 comments:

Dad (TMF) said...

I'm first! Can't wait to see you scurry around to keep the 20 fingers from the Christmas decorations!

Amy F said...

I'll pack a bottle of super-glue.

MJ said...

Amy, I loved the post. The jazzy Christmas song is a nice change from the norm. Wow, the girls look busy! :) It sounds like you did a good job toddler-proofing their room!

We can't wait to see you!!! What time do you get in?

MJ said...

By the way...when is the big ultrasound? Are you going to "peek" at the gender of your new little one?

paul said...

we are hoping to get in thursday around 4pm...

we plan on peeking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails