
In the past couple of weeks, we have been making our way to the pool quite a bit. It has been the first times for the girls (I finally get to put them into those bathing suits I bought on sale 2 years ago...) and Michael is turning into a regular fish.

Bekah was first in the water, and had a bit of a concerned face at first. But she quickly acclimated to the chilly water, and got a huge kick out of kicking her legs.

Abby clutched onto Paul as she came into the water, and gave a bit of a hard time about getting into her float. But soon enough, she saw how much fun Michael and Bekah were having, and joined in the smiles and the laughter.

Michael has really surprised me in the water. Last summer, he would stay right on the steps of our neighborhood pool, venturing out in our arms every once in a while. He has gotten taller since then, and has discovered that he can touch the bottom in the 3 foot part. He regularly puts his head into the water. He loves walking and kicking in the water. When he has a little inter tube, he is really good at keeping his legs out and kicking. He begins swimming lessons today, and he is really excited.
Here is some video of our first time out this summer.
With our neighborhood pool so close, our YMCA pass, and Michael's swimming lessons... we are bound to be in the pool a LOT this summer. What a fun time!
Last week, we rented "High School Musical" (confession time, I know...) and let Michael watch the basketball scene. He ate it up in a big way, and it has become a part of his playtime routine. Here are a few moves.
In other news, yesterday was the big Father's Day holiday. We got to celebrate the fathers in our lives... especially the wonderful father of my children.

Michael was quite excited to give his dad special presents, songs, and meals. Here is some video of the night before Father's Day. He was getting ready for bed when duty called. He began spontaneously making up his own Father's Day songs about his dear old dad...
We were there for quite a while. You know I have honestly never been able to understand those who take a long time on the toilet. My motto has always been "in and out." No need for reading material... it just doesn't take that long, you know? But I guess this is one of the many ways that Michael is taking after his father. I guess there will always be ways in which I will never understand my spouse... or son.

21 comments:
Michael, you are taking good care of your dad. Sometimes all they need are kisses to keep going.
Another sweet post from one of my favorite blogs. I hope it isn't too long till we can see you all again.
Paul and Dad, your comments on the oil post evoked another few paragraphs from me. Take the time to read and respond if you can.
Cute videos. I love all of the kisses from Michael. Swimming looks fun too! We just got our key card to our neighborhood pool. I haven't dared go by myself with 4 kids yet (I did go last summer with the 3, but somehow this year seems a little scarier for me.) So as soon as Steven gets our sprinklers put in, we'll head over one of these evenings. I'm excited. Summer should be full of swimming and it looks like you'll be getting plenty of it in!
I am glad to see that Michael is so tall, Savannah has shot up like a little weed. She has outgrown all of her other 'boyfriends,' it is good to know there are still prospects out there that are taller than she is. I can't believe he is getting so big! It seems just yesterday you were pregnant with him. Time goes so fast!
Some great pictures, and videos. How is it possible that the girls have grown so much in less than a month? Michael was fun to watch. How can Fancy Pant's son be so cautious?
Jill... I'm glad to hear you say it scares you a little. Something about not having enough arms and a little one that can't maneuver water makes me not blame you.
Melissa... I'm keeping a little black book for Michael. I'll give it to him when he gets back from his mission. Savannah is definitely in it!
As to Michael's being more cautious than his father ever was, Mom Frandsen says I should be thankful. And I am. Almost 4 and no stitches... hmmm... unless you count the finger surgery of last year. I guess that was a biggie.
these are some of my favorite videos. i just love in the last video when michael says, "give him lots of kisses..." he was just the sweetest son on sunday (and everyday really:).
his dancing to high school musical is not something he will publicize when he gets older, but he has been enthralled with the combination of singing and dancing and basketball. unfortunately, it brings back memories of the the tall YA boy that libby dated who can can beat her at toe touches when i watch that scene in the movie...
it is really cool to watch kids experience life. it brings back the same feelings i had when i experienced something for the first time. maybe this gets at the post i put up a few months back about running out of firsts. kids allow you to re-experience a first and approach the emotions you originally experienced...?
i'm always proud of my boy when he takes after his mother over me. he has already proven that he is handling the competitive thing more tactfully than me, and he definitely makes me more at ease regarding his health.
Jonny and I couldn't get enough of the videos. We watched the "kisses" one multiple times, just laughing and dreaming of the day when our kids will sing songs like that while going to the bathroom. :) You and your kids are great examples for out growing family.
I'm more worried about Michael watching the bathroom scenes when he is older than the basketball scenes. I'm glad he didn't fall in. How many posts in a row have mentioned human refuse?
Dad
the life of a parent is messy pops. we just tell it how it is.
Late last night I woke up to Paul, who was in bed and kneeling up at my side. He was straightening my body out and, by the things he was saying, I gathered that he was prepping me for surgery! Yikes! I calmly told him that he was sleeping and to lie back down. Guess I shouldn't keep anything sharp in the bedroom!!
i'd get rid of paul too
NEVER!!!!!
No wonder Paul sleeps in Sacrament Meeting!
Paul: that is definitely creepy, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read it! Maybe that means you're spending too much time at the hospital...
Amy: Agreed. Definitely hide all those sharp objects!
thank you for the vote of confidence marcles.
dad: it's hard to say how restful it is...i definitely don't remember a bit of it in the morning. but i don't usually wake up rested either (but that's usually because i stayed up too late watching 'so you think you can dance')
libbers: thank you for your vote of creepiness.
maybe i'm just struggling with my id and my inner surgeon. hard to know. amy needs to set up a camera that she can flip on when she realizes i'm at it again...because till now all any of us know is that she's making it all up...?
Thanks for your vote of confidence, Paul.
No, definitely not making it up... and Paul's talking in his sleep is a pretty regular occurrence. Dad F. might have a good point about the sleeping in sacrament meeting thing. I'm just glad he doesn't start rambling there!
Luckily he has been able to get up consistently at 4:45 almost every morning this month to get to work. And it is a miracle because, that early in the morning, I tend to hit the snooze button or turn off the alarm in MY sleep. Boy, are we a pair. We've discussed putting the alarm clock on his side of the bed. Maybe we should just get a second one?? Gee, we probably should have fixed this problem a long time ago...???
dad: i can tell you where hannah is--Gigean, France. even though she didn't comment, i was pleasantly surprised to get on tonight to sitemeter and find that we had an international visitor on our blog. it didn't take long to realize that my dear sister was checking our blog from the european continent. hannah, you are our first international commenter!!!
So you can tell who is checking your blog? Can you tell how many times a day someone checks your blog? Peter is in charge of ours, so I don't know...
Post a Comment