
(Michael insisted on the sippy cup.)
By the end of the week, we were mostly on the mend, and Paul was at an ACEP conference in Newport Beach. Friday was the Father-and-Sons Camp Out, and he was feeling really sad about missing it, as he wouldn't be back until Saturday evening. Well, Friday night he realized that there weren't many good lectures on Saturday, so he decided to pack his bags and come home. He got home at 11pm, packed up the tent and sleeping bags, and woke up a slumbering Son. Michael was pleasantly surprised about his awakening, and happily climbed into the car to go.

There were still a few late-nighters sitting around the campfire when they arrived. By all reports, the Camp Out was a beaming success. Way to go, daddy!
On Monday, we re-instated preschool (we haven't been meeting for the past 1.5 months). Our good friends, the Rowleys, have moved this week (sob, sob), which took away 2 of the 4 kids from the group. So for now it is just Michael and his friend Mika, and I will be teaching every other week until we find another well-suited kid/mom to join our group.
On Tuesday, we took what might be our last Disneyland trip for quite some time. Our year pass has almost expired (can you believe we've been here that long??), and most of the days now are blocked out as the vacation season picks up.

This picture is especially for Libby. We found the wall!
Now we must endure the rest of June. Paul just started his Orthopedics rotation at Riverside... early mornings, late nights, almost no days off... and a commute to boot. But June is already almost halfway over, right???? We're all looking forward to July.

13 comments:
Does that mean you went to 'talk with crush'? If so, did you like it? That truly was one of my favorite attractions in California Adventure (I'm just a big kid, I guess). I'm really sad, because the pictures aren't showing up on my computer for some reason. Hopefully they'll show up next time I get on. If not, I may have to have you email the picture to me!
We've been to "Talk With Crush" twice now... and highly recommend it. It is an interactive talk with Crush, the cool turtle from Finding Nemo. They have him in a "tank" (huge screen) which is all computer animated. Crush swims in and holds a live, interactive conversation with the audience. He makes up nick names for people, responds to questions, and is really quite witty. The facial expressions and movement of Crush are amazingly in-sync with the conversation. I have no idea how they do it.
It was interesting to go twice. We heard a few of the same one-liners, but it is amazing how much improv is involved. It is great.
I also went to Soaring Through California for the first time. It is a hard one, b/c we can't take the girls... Michael is just tall enough (and loves it!). It, too, is amazing. My favorite thing is feeling like your feet are going to touch the ocean waves, and actually smelling the scents of the beach and orange blossoms as you soar overhead. Lovely.
pictures didn't show up on my computer, either. But, the writing was excellent.
I hope I remedied the picture problem??
I can see your pics, and I knew that wall looked familiar! With any luck we will be coming to Disneyland next summer. Will you be there? We would love to meet up with you! I have two sick little girls right now, so I can relate to the sick kids thing, no fun! It is the first time Sienna has really been sick, I feel so bad!! Poor little things. (And poor mom, too :)
Melissa... sick kids are never fun (unless you are talking about that cuddly mood they get into... that is pretty nice!). Hope Sienna gets better soon. We are here until summer 2009... come anytime!!
Michael cracks me up. Last night Paul flipped on the TV to see if the NBA finals were on (nope...), and he flipped past a NASCAR race. Guess who noticed?? Well, he gave in and kept it on while we got dinner together, and Michael happily simulated a race with his own cars on the table (complete with a pit crew...).
So after dinner today, he is doing the same thing. I am listening in, and he is commentating the race in with a bit of a southern drawl. Oh, what am I to do with this boy??? Oh, so impressionable.
Where is that wall??
Christine... The wall is coming out of the "Disney Animation" building at California Adventure... where the "Turtle Talk with Crush" is. A must-see when you use your 2 day passes at Disney/California Adventure. Call us if you decide to do it any Monday or Tuesday of this month...
Here's another Michael moment while I am remembering it:
Friday night Paul was on call and it had been a really hard day with Michael... I won't go into details, but he had done pretty much all-of-the-above.
We were reading the scriptures and he asked what murmuring meant. I told him it was when people say not very nice things, or don't obey, or don't listen and talk back.
He thought about it and got a little pouty lip. He looked up at me with those big eyes and said: "I'm sorry that I murmured at you today, mom."
I teared up and told him I was glad he said sorry, because there had been some really sad times during the day.
He said: "I will try not to murmur any more. I am sorry that I did that, mom."
We were able to talk about repenting and trying to do better. And it was refreshing to realize that my sweet Michael was still in there, even if he had taken most of the day off. :)
that's a cute story about Michael. And a good way to put it. I guess cute 3-year-olds do take days off too. I'll have to remember that when mine are on vacation!
That is a cute story of Michael. I guess we all have those murmuring times.
Thank goodness for Moms who take over while Dads are gone.
Sounds like you have your own little strippling warrior there. I have No doubt that someday he'll say he has a solid testimony because of his mother. Thanks for the uplift. I needed it today.
Post a Comment