Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Wicked Night...



So Wicked (the musical) has come to LA... quite convenient for us to attend! It plays at the historic Pantages theater, which was worth a visit in and of itself.



Paul has felt a little left out, since his entire family has seen the show (including me!), and he hasn't. We've been big fans of the music for years now, and he was excited to see it.



It is a great show. I love the interplay between Elphaba and Galinda. There are so many clever lyrics and lines. It interweaves parts of "Wizard of Oz" in such fun ways. The vocals were wonderful... although I did enjoy the Elphaba I saw on Broadway more. Fierro wasn't extremely convincing. But I liked some of the little things they changed and threw in this "LA version" of Wicked.

Anyone want to come see it?? Here is an illegal shot Paul took of the stage before the show started... a sneak peak for those who are planning to come see the show/stay with us!



We had a great time. It was a really fun night out for us. Thank you to my visiting teacher for being with the kiddos that night.



We were happily reminiscing about the show on the way home when this happened...



A car a little in front of us swerved right(don't know why), over corrected and spun across all the lanes of traffic to end up right in front of us. Paul hit the brakes and swerved to miss the car, but the tail end hit our the driver's side.

The other car looked like this...



Some of the other cars were in similar shape. We were so lucky to not be injured. We could have easily been hit from behind, as there was quite a bit of traffic for 1130 at night. After coming to a near stop, Paul (being an expert maneuverer)... downshifted and high-tailed it over to the right shoulder--taking us to safety. I really think he was blessed to think so fast to get over to the side. We really felt watched over and protected.

There were 5-6 other cars involved behind us, and some of them were in pretty bad shape. We think there might have even been a fatality (not completely sure).

We are glad to be okay, but our car is undrivable. Thank goodness for Terri Smith... my visiting teacher who was watching the kiddos that night. She had her older son come over while she hopped in her car and drove the hour to LA to pick us up. What a wonderful service she did for us... we were glad to be home.

So we should know by Monday whether our car is repairable, or if we will be thinking about another car. I would be sad to let go of the green Accord... it has been so good to us!

11 comments:

Christene said...

I am so glad that you are okay! Did you walk away shakey??? Was Paul able to help? Glad all is well.

I love the picture of you both in the theatre. Beautiful couple.

Jill T said...

What an evening! I'm glad you are both ok, and that the kids weren't with you at the time! Good luck getting everything squared away!

Dad (TMF) said...

Thank goodness you were OK. I hope you don't experience nightmares!

petey said...

glad you guys are safe. that sounds like wild moment on the road.

Allan said...

Every family prayer, we pray for our children, and their children. Sometimes is seems a little repetitious.....

Amy F said...

Thank you for the not-so-vain repetitions. The more I think about it, the more I know we were watched over.

So tonight when Paul turned the TV on to schedule the Jazz game for recording (don't ANYONE post anything about the outcome... we won't be watching it until tomorrow afternoon...), the TV was tuned to ESPN2 which was airing a NASCAR race.

You should have seen Michael's eyes! Oh, to realize that your richest fantasies, all fed by the Disney movie "Cars," are being played out in REAL LIFE!!!!

This is they boy who races around the house making engine noises (that happen to sound like a dying cow!), and engages all of his toy cars in imaginary races and crashes and pit stops for tire changes.

We have been able to keep the NASCAR reality hush-hush until now. But I gave in and let him watch the end of the race before bedtime tonight (complete with it's commentators with southern drawls and a painful disregard for grammar). Oh, I hope NASCAR isn't a budding hobby for our little Schmibbers! To this mother, it would be even worse than all the worries that come with a budding football fanatic!

Amy F said...

Congrats to Jonny for surviving the MCAT today! We are proud of you. Don't let the wait for the score kill you! Those are painfully long days.

ron said...

Whew!!! count your blessings for your safety. We love you. Uncvle Ron

Aaron Joseph said...

Sounds like the Schmibbers is finally finding his southern roots. Maybe maryann had something to do with this.

I am so glad you two are ok. I hope everything works out with your accord or new car.

farcles said...

Happy Mother's Day Amy

Amy F said...

Farcles... you are a sweetie. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails