So on Memorial Day weekend, I took the kiddos to Branson, Missouri for the Jones family reunion. This is my mom's side of the family, and we do a reunion every 3 years (last time it was at Lake Powell). As always, I wish I had taken more pictures. But between me, Christine, and Aunt Alison, we should have a good representation when we get them all together! So here is our fraction of the experience of the Jones reunion.
It was the first airplane trip for the girls.

We were able to use their car seats for all but the very last part of the trip home (which was a major blessing). They did really well for most of the trips. I was proud of them!
Michael kept himself occupied with cars and his "cousin" Garrett. He was diggin' the airplane, and hasn't stopped talking about it. Through all the traveling (airplane and car rides), he a Garrett were the best of friends kept each other entertained and happy.

We arrived in Missouri after midnight, and spent another hour getting the rental car situation straightened out. The kiddos basically slept with their eyes open in front of the DVD player.

It was a long night (and morning... thank you Aunt Sarah for helping with Bekah while I was with Michael at 4am).
After a long car ride, we arrived at the cabins--which were just great. It was wonderful to see family members that I haven't seen for far too long. The weekend was spent catching up and hanging out. The best people to see were my grandparents, who are in their eighties. It was wonderful that they made the trip, and I really enjoyed being around their fun personalities.


Grandma with a boa... classic.

Grandpa with his traditional trick of blowing up his muscle through the hole in his thumb (still as amazing as ever!).

We had a "No Talent Show" with lots of no-talent. The sisters surprised everyone with a spectacular lip-sinc.


Michael taught everyone about the BYU football players. There were recitations, readings, tricks, and lots of songs and music. I especially loved this little ditty... (sorry my camera only takes 30 second videos).
A good time was had by all.
There were dinners (some more organized than others...) and a birthday celebration.


The kiddos had lots of fun with everyone, especially uncles, grandparents, cousins and "cousins"...




Michael is still talking about the burrito wrapping...


With no highchairs, pain in the lblblb car seats and stroller, messed up schedules, and no daddy, it was a lot of work for the mamma and everyone who helped her (especially the Peterson clan (thank you, thank you (you'll never know how much it meant to me))).

Paul loved seeing the kiddos the next day.
It was a good trip, with good memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you to everyone who made it possible for us. We love you all!

12 comments:
If you put a quarter in, will the bucking bronchy do it again?
for less than a quarter. just please and a pleading look do it for me.
for your information the song was called buck heaven, and it was written by all the Risenmay boys.
sounds fun... and really exhausting. I like the idea of doing a big family reunion every three years. It obviously isn't often enough, but that way, maybe everyone could plan for it, and a more exotic location (like Branson, MO) can be chosen! Maybe the Frandsen clan will have to consider this possibility for the future.
"Buck Heaven"... yes, yes. A classic. I was just disappointed that you didn't perform "Stuck in a Truck with Mud," "Eddie Pyper," or any of the other Risenmay Boys original masterpieces. You really should have auditioned for some of the shows while we were in Branson. What were we thinking! That could have been your big break!
Just think--Farcles, Toddus, AJus, and Paul Michael on tour with the Baldknobbers
Sounds like a fun trip. Amy, you are a brave soul to go it alone. But it sounds like you had some great help!
I can't believe you found the baldknobbers website!!! I couldn't stop laughing.
Did the Risenmay boys really write that song??? That makes it even more wonderful then the belly laugh it gave me the first time. I don't think the video I captured was all that steady because I was laughing. What talent! And to think we called it a "no-talent" show! Maybe the boys can record and post the other songs??? Or we will have to have an encore at the next reunion!
Thanks for posting the pics Amy! They made me smile as I remembered.
Great post amus. What a great time, and I can't wait to hear dad complain about the next reunion in a couple of years.
Great post. Seeing the video of Paul with his kiddos made me really sad that we missed out on having him there with us. Paul, next year we are all going to KY. We should all hammer out some dates early to ensure we all make it.
Yes, Paul has to be there. Without him we couldn't call Paul Risenmay Paul Michael. I knew Frandsen gets a kick out of that!
aj knows me too well.
kentucky bluegrass--sounds stimulating.
Post a Comment