Sunday, March 11, 2007

tournament pool...



will the cougars get past the first round? the seeds were made public today. the mountain west conference only got two teams and their teams were seeded well below what their rpi dictated.

oh well, the dance begins. i set up a bracket for all readers of our blog to join in on. here's the info:

go to this link.
before clicking the 'join group' button (see below) you will need to sign up for a yahoo account. it's pretty easy and quick. i just used the same user id and password from my hotmail account. it is a bit inconvenient, but well worth the interactivity of the bracket we get to use...after getting your yahoo id and password then follow the next three steps:
click on "join group" button.
group id#: 85242
password: cutestevie

good times...

17 comments:

paul said...

looks like amy and aj have already joined in. beware of aj's ducks.

Amy F said...

Beware of Amy' pics. I was really into college ball in high school (I did live among the Kentucky Wildcats in their glory days...), but I must admit that I know almost nothing about this year's tournament.

However... the random choices that make my brackets have out-done Paul's bracket for the past 2 or 3 years. I seem to pick good upsets. So I'm game!

Amy F said...

So here's another contest while we're all waiting for the tournament to start:

How late did Amy and the kiddos get to church today?

Here are the details:

1. Paul was on call = gone at 6am this morning.

2. Daylight Savings = loose an hour.

3. Yesterday was Paul's day off, so we went to the beach and didn't get home until late.

4. Because of the lateness of last night, the "Saturday is a Special Day" preparations didn't get done... no clothes laid out, no baths, no Sunday bag packed, etc.

5. Beach Day = sand embedded everywhere on kiddos = baths not skipp-able this morning.

6. Last-minute search for the keys that SOMEone didn't put away last night (?????).

7. Church starts at 9am.

Post your best guess. Winner gets a telephone call from Michael! (Those who know him best know how rare those are!)

petey said...

amy.
my guess 9:38 am... (801.319.8803) tell micheal i'm waiting...

Jill T said...

Amy-
8:59

I have faith in your supermom abilities!

paul said...

matt has joined as well! it's shaping up to be a good match-up. remember, you don't have to enter all your picks at once. also, if you want to reverse what you originally put you can...but beware of changing your pick from your first impression...

paul said...

jonny? dad? hopefully you weren't turned off by the yahoo account log in thing. it's the twenty first? century. it's not american not to have a yahoo account right?

Toddus said...

Amy,
I'd venture to say 9:05, Just in time for sacrament to start. Its mormon standard. Tell micheal that I don't take calls past 8:00.

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

9:15
Michael can call me any time he would like. 801-494-4574.

Amy F said...

Congratulations to Jonny/Mel for the correct time! We pulled into the parking lot at 9:14, and I'd like to think that I was fast enough getting down that hall to make it by 9:15.

One of the sweet empty-nester sisters scooted over to make room for us and gave me a hand with the babies all through sacrament meeting. The girls were passed around Gospel Doctrine class and Relief Society, and I was actually able to hear a few things that were said! I hope that, when my hands are not so full, I remember the kindnesses that have been shown to me and respond in kind to others.

So Michael will be placing a call to Uncle Jonny's phone tonight. Congratulations!

Amy F said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jill. I'm glad you thought I had the chance of being on time. Without extenuating circumstances, I have actually been to church early each Sunday Paul has not been with us. Each time it happens, I feel like I've had a Sunday miracle!

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

Yes!!! I will make sure to sit in a cell phone accessible area of the library tonight!

Jill T said...

Way to go Jonny! Nice guess.

Amy, 9:15 isn't too bad actually! I'm impressed you were able to manage getting all of that done before church. That primary song takes on a whole new meaning once you have kids, doesn't it!? Don't worry, we've had plenty of Sundays when we've walked in late through those doors. Aside from the fact that we should be to church on time, we find motivation to get there early so we get a good bench and not the folding chairs in the back. Talk about difficulty keeping your kids in one place...

Matt said...

I'm amazed. 9:14! Angela was supposed to be to church this last week at 8:30 to practice a song that she and the YW were singing for sacrament meeting. We made it inside the chapel at 9:04, by far the earliest we have been to sacrament meeting in weeks. That is with both of us home working on our two kids. Amy, you have and always will be an example.

paul said...

libby joined!

Amy F said...

Michael filled out a bracket... I had to lie about his age to create an account to do it, though. Can you guess which team he has going all the way??????????

Toddus said...

phooey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails