Monday, December 04, 2006

it doesn't snow in LA...

I've just been thinking about all of you coming out for Christmas and gettting excited. I'm not sure what all is planned, but I've just been thinking about California, Family and Christmases past. Just an hour to the northwest is Magic Mountain. Amy thinks it may even top her beloved King's Island...don't salivate on the keys please.


I know the Amy's side of the family has been known to get a little crazy, but that's all part of the package and I can't wait to have them storm the castle. We'll miss those who can't make it and will have to intiate those who do.

My side of the family has been known to get a little wild themselves and this picture proves it. I wonder what color our pajamas will be this year...?

If anyone wants to go biking, they'd better bring their spandex...(or wet suits for surfing)


Michael will keep all the crazies in line.


And we can sit around the fireplace, sip hot cocoa and bask in the glory over and over and over...

Merry Christmas. We look forward to seeing all you who are headed our way in a few weeks.

29 comments:

Matt said...

Bongoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait

Stephen said...

you may not post my pajama pictures without permision

paul said...

Farcles is my youngest brother... he loves novels and long walks on the beach...

I'm just glad I won't be 14+ months pregnant this year! But this Christmas, I do get to enjoy the fruits of that labor!

Brothers... you will be happy to know that there is a PERFECT grassy open spot in the neighborhood park for the bongo madness.

And everyone who comes should bring their swimming attire for hot-tubbing... the neighborhood pool will be pretty chilly but I'm sure some crazies will take a chance.

Can you stand an un-white, not-even-very-cold Christmas??????

paul said...

Stephen... I felt the same way.

paul said...

what are you worried about after the jared and the pink pillow...

petey said...

seriously. i agree with stephen. i thought this blog had certain standards and rules to be maintained. i thought it was going to be a family-friendly site and then you go and post pictures of young children in pajamas... =(

i was shocked and then sad.

Anonymous said...

We are excited to spend some time with that fam in california! Have we decided which theme park we will be gracing while there? Do we know if we're taking family pictures and who is taking them?

Stephen said...

i say we only take family pictures if someone in the family points his or her buttocks toward the camera....

paul said...

stevie: you can point whatever part you want as long as you're wearing your pajamas.

libby has doubled her bloggin output in a single morning. congratulations.

paul said...

i can't wait either farcles.

Stephen said...

um....i think you better consult your wife before you make any such offers--i will take you up on it.

Anonymous said...

you had better not post these pictures. Pajamas or not.

paul said...

I'll have all of you know that the same rules that apply to our blog apply to our house... especially around Christmastime--you know... all is calm, and "peace and love" on earth.

And I am surprised everyone has been shocked about a scanty Christmas pajama picture and buttocks toward the camera, yet no one has mentioned anything about spandex...

Calm down, farcles. We don't want this to get too heated.

Matt said...

Amy,

I do recall viewing a film involving a certain "Indian Angel of Death" in your home, and I can see some incongruity with your blog rules and that particular experience. The backside displayed in your series of christmas pictures does look vaugely familiar, however....

Stephen said...

lets go here: http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/12/03/travel/03choice.html?8dpc

paul said...

it would be an hour to the restraunt with zero traffic (which doesn't happen in so-cal). so far it is near nothing unless we were to go to magic mountain.

the restraunt sounds good. however, we could find you some pretty authentic thai, vietnamese, italian and in and out right here in our backyard...

Anonymous said...

bongooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petey said...

i don't even know what bongo is, but the way AJ keeps talking about it. i sure want some. and i want it now!

Anonymous said...

stephen: fried eel? really? I have an idea: let's eat GOOD food.
paul and amy: I'm about ready for an explanantion on this bongo thing.

Matt said...

Bongo: Lawn bowling modified; a game invented by the Risenmay boys and Paul Frandsen. Very manly and slightly dangerous.

petey said...

yo if i'm manly enough. i want in!

BONGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

paul said...

Yes, lots of "manly" things happen when all my brothers get together...

All I have to say is that the Indian Angel of Death is not invited to our home.

For theme parks when the Frandsens come... I think we decided on California Adventure/Disneyland... although Paul really wants everyone to go to Six Flags.... he's turned into quite the roller coaster lover (a minor symptom of being married to me!).

paul said...

on the surface bongo is just lawn bowling, but when played correctly it is so much more.

probably like hot milk...at starbucks it is sooo much more..?

Anonymous said...

bongooooooooooooooo ooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Does Amy participate in this manly game?

I'm a fellow roller coaster lover, so if paul gets his way, I would be okay with that. But disneyland is always a good experience.

Matt said...

Amy,

Speaking of manly things when the family gets together, are we going to have "feats of strength" this year?
http://www.msgr.ca/msgr-2/festivus%2003.ht
Bongo provides plenty of manly shouting, heaving, suspense and intregue, but not enough of physical dominance. Look into getting a festivus pole if you would, and everyone should begin thinking of what to say during the "Airing of Grievances".

paul said...

Amy has not yet participated in this "manly" sport. I have always been "busy" doing "girl" things when a strong game has been going. Perhaps I'll be able to get my bongo on this time, though.

Matt... your festivus link didn't work. I'm intrigued. Please try again.

There will, however, be no airing of grievances at our house. Only warm fuzzies.

From what I hear, California Adventure has some good coasters... Paul and I plan to check it out sometime next week. Now that Paul's boards are done (well, he's taking part II as we speak) we're planning to make a trip or two to Disneyland before our passes have blockout dates for the Christmas holiday. I'm excited... it sounds like they go all out for Christmas.

Matt said...

Amy,

http://www.msgr.ca/msgr-2/festivus%2003.htm

See if that works. If not wikipedia also has plenty of information regarding festivus. Just google festivus, and you get all of the information you need.

Have fun at a disney's christmasland. Be sure to post a picture or two of the more fascinating things you see, and make sure the picture includes your cute kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails