Wednesday, September 27, 2006

in the beginning...


Hey All. We're going to jump into the blogging fray. Don't be shocked. Our posts may not have class, panache, eternal gravity or whatever, but it should be a good time. We consider this first post an accomplishment, but not as great as some. We will not allow nudity, profanity, sloth or brevity on our site. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you all will stop by again.

23 comments:

paul said...

After much discussion, the blog has come to pass. I want to use it to post the latest Michael, Bekah, and Abby stories and antics. Paul wants to use it so that he doesn't crowd everyone else's blogs with his own antics (no promises, though).

My only request is that our visitors make comments. You know who you are (Libby and DJ....).

Michael has his BYU shirt on today and has been happily humming the BYU fight song as he plays. Paul got him all jazzed up last night for the game this afternoon. We will actually be able to WATCH this one in the comfort of our OWN HOME (and put to use the cable channels we are paying so much for!).

I'm hoping for a win (of course), less penalties, and for Hala Paongo to make a big play for Michael (that's his favorite player).

But this morning he has been talking about someone who sounds like "band-aids". With further prompting, he slowly said something that sounded like "Ban Dates." So I looked in the BYU media guide, and finally found a chap named "Dan Bates" and showed it to Michael. He said... "Yeah, that's him! Band-aids!" So go Band-Aids.

Go Cougars.

petey said...

paul.
brilliant first post. loved it! it reminded me of "this is art," from the dominon but more tastefully, thoughtfully done.

amy.
i can't wait to see more pics of your kiddies. ps. i know they're not identical, but which girl is which and how can i tell them apart?

Stephen said...

nice. this is what i like to see. please keep it up. paul. you should continue frequenting my web log.

paul said...

stevie, i will continue frequenting your brother. i can do without a daily dose of my nyc hipster of a brother.

paul said...

'your blog'

paul said...

'i cannot do'

petey: how do i go in and edit a comment?

paul said...

the cougars did it! impressive win. they didn't have to squeek by like too many of their wins in recent years. this was a great win for a great team. i hope john beck can get better for real, but man he was good on third down tonight. maybe we'll get on sportscenter tonight--finally.

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

yep, we made sports center tonight baby.

Anonymous said...

Michael: It's too bad "band-aids" didn't make a big play for you. My favorite player is McKay Jacobson. He did have one great catch in the game, but I am still waiting for him to show his speedster skills. It's just sad that the fastest player on the team gets sacked as soon as he catches the ball. I'm just glad he catches it. Go McKay!

Paul and Amy: I will look forward to more California Residents antics. Go Paul and Amy!

Go Cougars!

Anonymous said...

The kids look like their grandfather.

paul said...

if i only had espn...maybe i would have seen some of those sweet highlights.

welcome to california jonny and melinda. good to have you.

paul said...

cloaked in anonymity was tracy? we need to get you a log-in.

paul said...

you know dad, we could could set up a blog for you that could only be accessed by those you choose. that way we could all give our two cents on your letter...and it would atomatically be archived.

paul said...

sorry, amy and i are at the same computer and that last comment was by me.

HERE
is a very nice description of just how significant this win was. love it.

Anonymous said...

byu played the other night? someone has to keep me updated on these things...how else am i supposed to keep up with my alma mater?

paul said...

nice delt.

paul said...

Petey...

You asked how to tell the girls apart. Bekah's face is a little rounder, her eyes wider. Abby is a little smaller, and her eyes squint like her mom's when she smiles.

Does that help?

Does Grandpa Frandsen still try to tell by the shape of their lips?

Truly, the biggest differences are in their mannerisms and personalities right now. If you could spend a day at our house, you'd be able to tell them apart easily.

That's an open invitation to anyone, you know!

paul said...

Yes Jill, I teared up during the closing him of conference. Very moving ending with Holland, Hinckley and that hymn.

Michael's tummy was hurting after lunch today. He was crying and we were slightly concerned. He said he needed to two bandaids. I had him point exactly where they should go. 5 minutes later after getting him some books to read he was good as new. He would lift up his shirt every 10 minutes or so to look at them.

Thanks for visiting our blog. It's nice to have you over.

Anonymous said...

How fun to see a brand new blog.
Michael, Bekka and Abby are very photogenic!
Conference was wonderful as always. I do believe that Elder Bednar's talk (like his others) will be quoted from many pulpits, in many classes and in personal discussions. We can all relate to that topic of 'choosing not to take offense'...very timely. I love the way he creates a perfectly crafted talk. Other personal favorites were from Elder Oaks, Elder Nelson (on the Gathering of Israel) and Elder Anthony Perkins on 'ways to feel the tender love of God.' I love conference and President Hinckley. He is still so strong in mind and spirit.

paul said...

Shauna... my list matches yours. I would add Elder Uchtdorf. I love his perspective from his German heritage, and his thoughts about testimony were timely for me.

Jared said...

Wow, my first experience with blogging. Great site. Great family. It was nice chatting and hearing about all the exciting things you all are experiencing.

paul said...

Hi Jared. Welcome to the sight. I missed you comment because I started a new post. But since I put that recent comments sidebar up I noticed you had commented down here. Glad to have you on.

Anonymous said...

wow nice blog paul

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails