Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My son the BYU fan...



Michael and I went to the Idaho BYU game on Saturday night. There are few places I would rather have been. He is a joy to be around. His dry, witty nature is a crack up combined with his passion for football and his loving sincere nature make for the recipe of an amazing boy and one of the best people with whom to spend your Saturday night.

He is a shorts guy. He was adamant throughout the winter last year that he be allowed to wear shorts to school every day. I can't say I didn't go through this phase often growing up--so we indulge him. The game on Saturday night hovered near freezing and I was in multiple layers including a thick winter coat and gloves. Michael however shed his layers the moment we arrived at our seats near Grandpa Frandsen and Uncle Kelly. He proceeded to go minimalist the rest of the night. Twice we had people next to us offer him clothing--which he politely declined. He did show signs of hyperactivity and restlessness to facilitate his staying warm--generally manifesting as a more enjoyable passion for the game through cheering, jumping around and general animatedness.

I love this kid and was priviledged to hang out with him on a Saturday night. Here's to many Saturday nights in the future...

Below gives a small taste of a game with Michael..:)

2 comments:

Dad (TMF) said...

He is certainly no longer a California boy!

buchanancasa said...

Ok Amy, your 10 year anniversary trip post has me convinced! We missed a 10 yr trip because Luke was just a newborn, and with our move and all that it just hasn't happened this last year. Which cruise line did you go with? Would you choose them again? Email me, would you? audreybuchanan@gmail.com. I'd be so grateful! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails