Tonight during Michael's bedtime routine, he spontaneously said... "Mom I'm really glad I have Mrs. Adams for a teacher.
me: "Oh yeah? Why's that??"
him: "Well, because she is such a fun person. And a great teacher. And I think she's perfect for me because she has sooo many books in her class." (It is true... she has books EVERYwhere in her class, and does her own take-home-reading program in addition to the take-home-reading program the PTA does. !!!)
me: "It is true. She is a great teacher for you."
him: "I'm just really grateful for a teacher like her."
Moments later, part of his prayer went like this:
"I'm grateful to have such a good teacher for me. And please bless the teachers everywhere, who give up such big parts of their days to teach kids like me, and teach them important things, and make them feel good."
Yes... we are grateful for the sacrifices of teachers everywhere who give so very much and care so deeply for our kiddos. Thanks for teaching them such important things and making them feel good.
And thanks, Mrs. Adams, for having so many books.

4 comments:
That is so sweet!
i wish i were michael's teacher
Thanks for sharing, Amy. I love having Michael in my class. I'm a bit of a "hoarder" with books. I love them and feel like if I'm going to teach kids to read, I have to have more books than I could ever possibly need to accommodate their individual reading levels. It's taken many years and a lot of money to acquire them all but I'm glad I've got them.
Thanks for making my day!!
Awe...so sweet to hear. It's a wonderful feeling to know that your kiddos are in great hands when they are away. It's hard to let them grow up, but so much easier when great teachers are guiding them. :)
Post a Comment